Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 28, 2010   #15
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnarSK View Post
I have (and have grown) seeds of Bawole Serce from PNOS Ożarów Mazowiecki, and Carolyn told that the variety is the same as Sertse Buivola (PNOS O.M. has a Russian text on the packet which says Serdtse Buibola, but the "Buibola" looks like an error). Some of the Polish vendors also mention "Cuor di Bue" as an alternative name along with the fruit type "Oxheart", and they are not quite clear in describing the colour (red, pink, pinkish red or reddish pink), but I guess I can settle that by looking at the epidermis.
Gunnar, I've tried to find the thread where Bawole Cerce was said to be the same variety as Serdste Buivola, by Andrey, someone said they were listed differently at Ventmarin and I remember that Andrey said that everything at Ventmarin was not always correct.

I grew Serdste Buivola last summer and Bawole Cerce this past summer and the fruits were identical pink hearts, not the most perfectly formed hearts, kind of chunky, but still pink hearts.

Cuor di Bue has always been a red heart as grown by me and many others but I recall reading a thread somewhere, I think it had to do with Baker Creek offering the wrong German Strawberry, and I think I remember that in Italy now they're using Cuor di Bui in a generic sense instead of the single variety as a red heart that it's always been know as.