Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Closed Thread

Old April 29, 2015   #91
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun City Linda View Post
Agreed. It is just real easy for a thread to go bad and any slam of any political party is all it takes to get it going.......downhill. I respectfully suggest the poster edit out those comments.
I agree completely and perhaps I should have edited or deleted it myself but wanted to asnwer the question dirrectly to point out that Seneca had been banned. But lets let the original poster to do it and it does have to be done in I think within 24 hrs of the original post, but the Global Mods can do it anytime.

I don't want to see yet another thread go downhill and/or be locked.

So I ask everyone in advance to please keep things civil here at Tville, and that means ALL of Tville, not just this thread.

Thanks for your cooperation,

Carolyn
Old April 29, 2015   #92
Stvrob
Tomatovillian™

Id like to think that Phil Seneca can be redeemed, and that TV could have played a part in his redemption.
Old April 29, 2015   #93
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Hopefully, TV HAS played a part in his redemption. He got caught and called out here in his own deception. Maybe he will think twice before he slanders more innocent people to further his own inflammatory agenda.
Old April 29, 2015   #94
Mojave
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
I respectfully submit that while your post complains about someone making racial polarizing comments you are, yourself, injecting politics into the situation.
Ditto.

When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the universe.
-John Muir

Believe those who seek the Truth: Doubt those who find it.
-André Gide
Old April 29, 2015   #95
Rfdillon
Tomatovillian™

I promise you, that it will be a cold day in hell before I venture forth another opinion on this site. I was merely expressing my frustration that so much attention was being placed on this individual, and the fact that the terms"racist" and "racism" are thrown out in the media and current political environment far too often by people who never really experienced racism. I mistakenly felt that I had been accepted in this community, and that I was free to offer an opinion that attempted to bring the discussion back around to growing things. I was quickly made to know otherwise.
Old April 29, 2015   #96
WillysWoodPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybean View Post
I am TV and I am not American. I have ordered some seeds. They never arrived. I have sent several emails. I have never received a reply.

When issuing PayPal complaint, I got seller reply. The reference of "other nation" hurt. Between lines one could notice bad connotation. It felt racist.

Thanks got local forum member sent me some seeds as it was already to late to order from States.
--I have some seed I got from him in 2011. If you want I will send you some. Just send me your address in a Private Message. Here is what I have and how many of each I can offer you.
1) Xitomatula F-3 10 seeds. You may have 5

2) White Bi-color F-2 Fruit/Plant #5 PL White fruit is named "Ongweh Ias" 0 seeds Turtleheart 2011

3) White Bi-color F-2 Fruit/Plant #4 PL 0 seeds Turtlheart 2011

4) White Bi-color F-2 Fruit/Plant #2 PL 0 seeds

5) White Bi-color f-3 Row 12 my growout September 2012 about 30-35 seeds

6) White Bi-color F-3 Row 15 Plant 1 PL my growout September 2012 about 60 seeds

Both Row 12 and Row 15 got mixed up in same packet but are the same fruit but different plants. So about 90-100 seeds available of the White Bicolor minus the 20-30 I am saving for myself.

I did get a pink segregate from the White Bicolor but the taste was not very good so I did not save seed. So first pick of these seeds goes to Crazybean and anything after that others may ask for and I will send them to you.

As for the other situation I am not getting involved in that but will point out that what drew me to his tomatoes years ago was his interestingly eccentric mind when it came to breeding and propagating them. I am a sucker for the passionate home-brewed breeder. I like trying new things.

Old April 29, 2015   #97
WillysWoodPile

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis View Post
I don't see why so much attention is paid to this fellow. From what I've seen of him over the past several years he appears to be simply someone who likes to dress up in drag and play cowboys and Indians. No harm in that, really.

He got mad at me once, and wrote some stupid stuff on his blog because I named a tomato I developed "Buffalo Soldier." Called me a racist on two accounts. Something about Native Americans and African Americans. Fact is, I named the particularly heat tolerant and strong producing tomato in honor of a Bob Marley song.

Maybe the rage he expresses toward us white, middle aged men is caused by something that accidentally got stuffed in his peace pipe. Lots of potent medicine gets passed around at those Pow Wows, you know
I have Buffalo Soldier [thanks for reminding me of it]. Now I can drop some late seeds Buffalo Soldier is a really good tomato. I grew it in 2013. Do you know what F-generation it was in 2012 Travis? I've got "Maroon with green shoulders" as a description. And "very good flavor".

So many varieties and not enough space is driving me crazy...

Old April 29, 2015   #98
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfdillon View Post
I promise you, that it will be a cold day in hell before I venture forth another opinion on this site. I was merely expressing my frustration that so much attention was being placed on this individual, and the fact that the terms"racist" and "racism" are thrown out in the media and current political environment far too often by people who never really experienced racism. I mistakenly felt that I had been accepted in this community, and that I was free to offer an opinion that attempted to bring the discussion back around to growing things. I was quickly made to know otherwise.
Your post took aim at "the current administration" which certainly sounded like a political statement to me. Expressing political or religious opinions is not allowed here. You may not like the current administration but I assure you, others think they are the best thing since peanut butter and nasty bitter threads have come from people expressing these differences.
Old April 29, 2015   #99
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Please go back and read post 87 in this thread and reread what Fred Hempel's comment to you was.

Your opinion as cited in post 87 seriously crossed the line into politics as well you know. And had nothing to do with attempting to bring the discussion back to growing things which has never been part of this thread anyway.

Of course you and everyone else here is free to state an opinion, but it's the nature of opinions stated that has gotten some in serious trouble here to the point in several cases that they had to be banned.

If you don't feel comfotable here then maybe Tville is not the place for you to be , but I do hope you continue to stay now that it's been discussed.

Please lets now continue with this thread for those who wish to post, but IMO I see this thread coming to a rapid close now that Seneca has been banned since everyone has a chance to post their opinion and this can't go on forever.

Again, thanks in advance for your cooperation,

Carolyn
Old April 29, 2015   #100
rhines81
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
As many if not more females post as men.
I'm not sure I understand this ... is Bruce Jenner a member here???
Old April 29, 2015   #101
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhines81 View Post
I'm not sure I understand this ... is Bruce Jenner a member here???
I see the icons you used to say what you did, but I don't think it's an area that anyone here wants to get into.

Carol simply forgot to express it as:

As many women post as DO men.

Carolyn
Old April 29, 2015   #102
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

I think you are not getting it. Stating that the terms "racist" and "racism" are thrown around in the media and current political environment far to often by people who have never really experienced racism is another political statement.

We can pretty well guess what you mean. You have indicated that you don't like the current administration (now changed to environment).

Many people here agree with you.

Many people disagree with you.

The rules are that we don't discuss politics and religion. It really helps things run smoother.

There are plenty of other places to discuss politics. I posted (civilly, I hope) to my facebook page today opinions about race and racism, but I didn't dare do it here.

Quote:
Old April 30, 2015   #103
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Carolyn, I think this thread has lost its meaning.
Old April 30, 2015   #104
beeman
Tomatovillian™

Just my 2 cents worth.
This guy was looking for publicity for his seed sales, some say 'bad publicity is better than none', but it backfired due to the caring attitude of those here on TV.
Nuff said, let's grow some toms.
Old April 30, 2015   #105
barefootgardener
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I truly dont believe you meant any harm Rfdillon. I hope you stay. What you quickly learned is not to bring up politics or religion as it is a subject no no.
Closed Thread

Tags
"good mind seeds" , goodmindseeds