Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old November 27, 2011   #76
wmontanez
Tomatovillian™

I had the following taste test today I cooked 11 potatoes., fried one piece and boiled another piece of each.

I asked my husband to help out to pick winners of the boiled group and he selected Amey Russet as floury, Marcy and Cosima x Tom Kaighin second, the yellow fleshed were the same as third. He found all the blues hard and Muru not good so at the end.

I tasted the fried group and none of the blues were great. All the yellows were similar and Marcy was hands down the best! Amey was a second runner.

Angus Bull boiled has a nice earthy taste but probably will get better roasted or in hashbrowns. I think that my Amey X blue russet is not as good as Amey Russet mother is not snow white flesh but was very good taste, held its shape and the skin held on nicely. I am trying potato salad and hashbrown next because is more waxy and the skin was a nice color rose after boiling. The yellows will get roasted and potato salad to see if any stands out.

Winner of today: Marcy french fries!