Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

NORCATT™ event information and discussion forum. Northern California Tomato Tasting

Old March 31, 2007   #46
angelique
Tomatovillian™

It was great seeing Diana, Bob and Bruce. I bought 3 pepper plants and 1 scented geranium. I also too with me Noire de Crimee, Anna's Russian and a pepper plant from Bruce.

GTG, I am so sorry that you weren't able to make it over to Morningsun Herb Farm. Please feel free to share my tomato plants from Annie (sorry Annie). Since I am in Roseville, it will be difficult for me to make my way to the Bay area over the next few weeks. In the next 6-8 weeks, DH and I will be doing some major house work to get it ready to sell. I
Old April 1, 2007   #47
annietomatomad
Tomatovillian™

Bummers that you couldn't make it, Debra (thank you for trying to be the courier anyway)! Glad that the rest of you made it there ok.

Bruce, my headless Joe's Portuguese developed one leaf. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed (although I wonder how it'll do as a grown plant if it starts off so sadly).

Angelique, sounds like you're hving a busy few months! Good luck with your house sale.

Cheers, Annie
Old April 5, 2007   #48
betsylt
Tomatovillian™

I'm still out of town, but was checking in, wanting to find out how everything went!

Annie, I'll drop you a note offlist ... we can wait until you get back to try and get together.

GTG, as I recall, you're out of town this coming weekend (April 6-8), and we're out of town the following one (April 13 - 15). My calendar is dotted with travel weekends during the next few months, but I'm willing to take a stab at getting together on one of the weekends we're in town.

Bugsy, if we were to get together sometime *after* the weekend of April 15, could you make it? Where do you live? I'm guessing that the Sacramento area NORCATTers may not be able to join us if we do something down in the East Bay, but it would make it much easier to make sure GTG is not left out if we do it someplace BART-able.

Bruce, sounds like we'll all do better if we wait some... what does your calendar look like for weekends after 15 April? I'll go over your list and pick some out before that if you still have plants to share. If you're out of some, it'd be great if you could make an updated list. Just let me know.

Diana, Angelique, Bob, and anyone else including stealthy lurkers -- would any of you be game to come down some weekend day after 4/15 if we held another plant exchange in the Oakland, Berkeley, or Concord area? Any of those should be pretty accessible to GTG. Bruce can probably give us an estimate of driving time from Sacramento to Concord.

It's not that I am enamored with the East Bay as much as I'd like to make sure that GTG can attend. We might luck out and be able to hook up with Brad, as he sells at the Oakland Farmer's Market each weekend.

So, folks, let me know if you can do another get-together, and we can go from there.

Betsy
(will be home by 4/7/2007)
Old April 5, 2007   #49
betsylt
Tomatovillian™

Oops, I forgot to ask --

Did anyone ask Morningsun Herb Farm the date for their 2007 tomato tasting while you were there?

-Betsy
Old April 5, 2007   #50
chilhuacle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLT
Bruce, sounds like we'll all do better if we wait some... what does your calendar look like for weekends after 15 April? I'll go over your list and pick some out before that if you still have plants to share. If you're out of some, it'd be great if you could make an updated list. Just let me know.
I gave all my remaining plants to Diana. She was sure she could farm them out to relatives and teachers at her school. I have a Joe's Portuguese in case Annie's half plant doesn't make it.
Old April 5, 2007   #51
GreenThumbGal_07
Tomatovillian™

All,

This evening I donated all of my plants to a local elementary school, so I won't be able to participate in another plant swap. Thanks for thinking of me though, and we can still get together.

GTG