Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion about canning and dehydrating tomatoes and other garden vegetables and fruits. DISCLAIMER: SOME RECIPES MAY NOT COMPLY WITH CURRENT FOOD SAFETY GUIDELINES - FOLLOW AT YOUR OWN RISK

Old November 2, 2015   #1
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Default Chicken Test.

This is probably a no brainer but I am going to put it out there.
I have been doing some tests on meat and yesterday I have the final results.
It consists of pork beef and chicken.

If is proof of how filthy these places can be and sometimes the store where you bought the meat.

First the pork.
Pork that is clean and put up in a vacuum sealed bag that you can get in the store can last for many days in the refrigerator at or close to freezing.
Pork that is cut up and put in packages at the store and left in these containers wont last no time at all.
The same goes for beef.
If I take either one of these two and clean them thoroughly and bag them they will last a long time.

Chicken is the worst it is so filthy it wont last hardly at all.
If I take the chicken out and wash and rinse it two to three times and bag it, it will last much much longer.'

Which reminds me I bought 20 pounds of chicken last night for 77 cents a pound I need to do this to tonight and then freeze.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote