Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old April 9, 2014   #1
Stainless
Tomatovillian™

Default Young Early Girl has brown spots on some leaves?

I bought this plant last Sunday and was waiting till this weekend to plant it. It looked great a few days ago before I left town and I get back tonight and notice one of the leaves had brown spots. It looks like the outer layer is gone. Can someone help me out with this?

Last edited by Stainless; April 9, 2014 at 11:00 PM.
Stainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2014   #2
VC Scott
Tomatovillian™

Looks to me like it might just be a little sun burned. Did you leave the seedling in bright sunlight? If it is just this leaf, the plant will easily survive. It is best to introduce seedlings to the full sun slowly.
VC Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2014   #3
Stainless
Tomatovillian™

Your probably right. It's been a while back but I did leave it out on the table under an awning that day. It's since been transplanted and growing great now that it's finally starting to warm up outside.
Stainless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2014   #4
nnjjohn
Tomatovillian™

I started feeding my plants mg tomato fertilizer from the small box.. i use a couple of the little spoon size dosage with a gallon of filtered water. mixes pinkish in the bottle.. i feed each of my seedlings that i started early March .. they started looking like they are shrinking during the hardening process.I will continue interrogating them all until they come clean and proliferate.. Some been sun scolded and they look now like hardened criminals , I have at least more than enough not to worry about the ones that betrayed me

Last edited by nnjjohn; April 23, 2014 at 07:17 PM.
nnjjohn is offline   Reply With Quote