Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 9, 2017   #1
worldtraveler
Tomatovillian™

Default Black Krim Heirlooms in Thailand

I planted Black Krim from seeds in November here in Southern Thailand. Currently the plants are nearly 6 feet tall, but have not set fruit. All previous flowers that have been forming the last month have died and turned brown right behind the flower stem and dropped off. From what I can gather these were un-pollinated flowers. I am living a stones throw from th Gulf of Thailand and the humidity is high. I am guessing this has been the problem.

I am hoping manual pollination will do the trick. Yesterday I took my power toothbrush to the flowers and was quite pleasantly surprised to see pollen falling out of the flowers. I am not sure of the growing parameters of the Black Krim, but the temps are high 80's to 90 degrees daily, but cooling down in the evenings to the low 70's. I would imagine I will know in a week if this is going to work.

What is length of viability of a flower from the first day opened until it dries out due to being un-pollinated?

Any recommended heirlooms for Thailand?
worldtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote