Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 7, 2021   #1
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Default Tatiana´s TOMATObase

Four or five years ago, when we were looking for a variety of tomato, we went to Tatiana´s TOMATObase. This database has not been much modified lately and it is difficult to find new varieties of breeders such as Fred Hempel or Karen Olivier there. I wonder if there is still any interest from Tomatoville members in this database and if new varieties should be added.
Vladimír
MrBig46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2021   #2
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Yes, it is such an excellent resource. I hope it doesn't go away at some point. I would think many people here with the time and technical savvy would love to take ownership of it from Tatiana if she were willing to do so. That could facilitate maintenance and updates with newer varieties.
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2021   #3
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

I'm actually wondering if it makes sense to complement it. I have the opportunity to add something there, of course only what I grow. I doubt Tania would cancel the website. She still grows tomatoes.
Vladimír
Old July 7, 2021   #4
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

This is great you're able to share to the TOMATObase. It really is such a wonderful resource. Glad to know she is doing well and still growing tomatoes!
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2021   #5
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Tatiana has been raising poultry for several years. She devotes herself to it in the same way as she used to devote them to tomatoes. He is on Facebook and he gives some photos there almost every day. If you type Tatiana Kouchnareva on Facebook, you will see what she does and how satisfied she is.
Vladimír
Old July 7, 2021   #6
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

I would be pleased to see any of mine you have grown added to the tomatobase if you choose to do so. Any information or photos required from me please feel free to message at any time Vlad and thank you. I am a big fan and I still use Tatiana’s website very often to look up information about varieties and I know many others who do as well.
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2021   #7
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

This year I have planted Tundra, Taiga, Midnight Sun, Karma Pink, Karma Purple and Karma multiflora. If nothing bad happens, then I'll put them all on Tatiana´s TOMATObase. If I shall need anything, I'll get back to you.
Vladimír
Old July 9, 2021   #8
Canehdian
Tomatovillian™

I have begun to prioritize my inventory to try to grow Tatiana-only varieties, to honour her work and maybe keep the strains going, should she not return to vending, and that becomes a thing.
Canehdian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2021   #9
Spartanburg123
Tomatovillian™

The database is very comprehensive and accurate. It is also a fantastic place to document newly discovered varieties. I am so happy that she is doing well and loving what she does!
Spartanburg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2021   #10
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

Today I added Creamsicle Grape to the database. So far with only one photo without description. I hope that Creamsicle Grape will mature me soon and that I will be able to complete everything. I've also added Karma Pink, Purple and multiflora.
Vladimír
PS.: I will inform you about the added varieties here.
Old July 11, 2021   #11
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for adding the new varieties, I believe it is important to keep this valuable resource up to date. It has always been my first go-to for research on varieties.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 11, 2021   #12
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

I have a great many photos of all of my varieties Vlad. Feel free to use anything you want from my Northern Gardener Page albums or if you prefer just let me know what you would like and I’ll send them to you.
I also have good photos of creamsicle grape and a number of other Artisan varieties as well which I’m happy to share if you wish just let me know.

KarenO.
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2021   #13
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

I now have Pink, Purple and Multiflora in the garden, so I'll do everything myself, including photos. Apircot, Miracle and Peach I will only put names into the database now. For example, someone who has permission will add others, a description and pictures. If not, then we would agree in the autumn how we will add the data, including pictures.
Vladimír