Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 12, 2021   #1
yotetrapper
Tomatovillian™

Default Bacon, Lettuce and This

I have a tomato I planted that was labeled as that. I don't know where I got it, it was probably an extra in a trade or something. But my husband likes it, and he's kind of picky. It's a large red beefsteak. I saved some seeds already, but I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about it? When I try to google it, all I get are BLT recipes, lol. I tried a search here but also didn't find anything. Mainly, I'm wondering if it's an heirloom or hybrid. Or even if it's a real variety, or if that's just a name a home gardener slapped on it. Thanks in advance for any info.
yotetrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2021   #2
eyolf
Tomatovillian™

I typed:

"bacon, lettuce, and this" tomato

Into my search bar and got some hits...including a few conversations right here. I'm on a phone at the moment, using the Tapatalk App: not easy to cut-n-paste, add links, etc.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Old July 12, 2021   #3
yotetrapper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyolf View Post
I typed:

"bacon, lettuce, and this" tomato

Into my search bar and got some hits...including a few conversations right here. I'm on a phone at the moment, using the Tapatalk App: not easy to cut-n-paste, add links, etc.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
Thanks! I was using Bing and couldn't find a thing. Switched to Google, and it pulled up some stuff. And now I know where I got it from too. Gary (Tormado) from a swap we were both in. Seems he is the one that developed / created (whatever the right word is) it. Maybe he'll chime in if he sees this post.
yotetrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2021   #4
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

It is a variety by none other than Tormato and an excellent one at that. I love it! You probably received it through MMMM. PM Tormato for more info.
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13, 2021   #5
Lotte
Tomatovillian™

I grew it a couple of years ago, got it in a trade.I found the name pretty cool, and the taste very fine.I have traded the seeds to as many as possible but think I'm low in seeds at the moment, maybe ought to grow it next year.
Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2021   #6
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

I'll chime in, but it looks like you've already found your answers. I'll add that it is a PL plant.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote