Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

A garden is only as good as the ground that it's planted in. Discussion forum for the many ways to improve the soil where we plant our gardens.

Old March 31, 2021   #16
Yak54
Tomatovillian™

Yes that is the one I use. I use crop code 5010 & crop name Mixed Vegetables.
Yak54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2021   #17
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

For me that link downloads a file without an extension, but it is in fact a .pdf, so if it asks, use your .pdf viewer and not notepad or word, etc.

Thanks for the link. That sounds like a good first step, and I will suggest it.

I did read at some point this past year that hot is not ideal for absorption. Thing about the roundup, it was the same conditions for the grass as the weed. But like a week later the weed was fine and the grass was dead. I know if the grass was sprayed directly it would have died much sooner. Sidewalk weeds that same day were dying by that evening. I basically sprayed my glove and rubbed it onto the indian hemp shoots that were like 6" high! Then a week later the hemp was still going strong but the grass was brown for 3" radius around the weeds. I have to think the stuff absorbed into the weed leaves, down into the roots, and then was passed to the local grass roots. That stuff is just tough, much moreso than thistle.

What really ticks me off is I let this indian hemp grow the first year thinking it was milkweed, and I was okay with that for monarchs. Then it kind of disappeared in the growth, but we never saw milkweed seed pods that fall...then found the seed heads again and ID'ed it. But the next year, knowing what to look for, they were spread pretty far. It was probably there for a while, honestly, but I still feel so dumb for allowing it to seed that last time.

Last edited by JRinPA; March 31, 2021 at 10:45 PM.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2021   #18
brownrexx
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinPA View Post
For me that link downloads a file without an extension, but it is in fact a .pdf, so if it asks, use your .pdf viewer and not notepad or word, etc.
From my original link, you have to select the link for the submission form for home gardeners to see the actual submission form.

I included the entire page so that you could see what is available.
brownrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2021   #19
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

For tough stubborn weeds with a somewhat woody stem I cut them off near the base and paint the fresh cut with pure Roundup or Brush B Gone. Works really well.
GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2021   #20
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

It actually was a .pdf, when I forwarded it in an email it had the extension after all, but for some reason that pc wouldn't open it normally. Anyway.
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote