Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Closed Thread

Old April 19, 2015   #46
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Where on earth did this come from?

I dont wanna be a bigot.

Worth
Old April 19, 2015   #47
Tracydr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilSeneca View Post
if you have a problem with the politics of the videos on my website, or with my personal life which you are invading, please do not share them here, which i assume is intended to be a safe environment for all kinds of people to share information and seeds.

please keep the talk centered around tomatoes, instead of personal attacks.
Not exactly personal if you post it on the World Wide Web.
Old April 19, 2015   #48
DapsSeeds
Tomatovillian™

Hmmm, don't think I fit his profile. Being a young Dutch female and all. And not really a big fan of nazi's, but maybe that's because my grandfather suffered in a concentration camp in Poland for over a year in WWII. Anyway, I think this guy is a classic example of a narcissist. I can be wrong, of course, I'm not a doctor, but in cases like this I have trouble believing a healthy person can be like this.
Old April 19, 2015   #49
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
I don't understand why he would post that stuff on Facebook? Did someone here set him off? Was he a member here when he posted that? So strange that people feel they have the authority to judge others, especially in such a derogatory manner. Hate is hate no matter the reason for spreading it, its still wrong.
If you look at the screen shot it was from 2014 and he was not a listed member at that time. Yes, he could read most of the Forums as an unregistered member and if he did so and that's what made him state what he did in that screenshot and then have the nerve to register here, to me that's even worse.

But of course he had no idea at the time that his facebook page would become public here at Tville, and thank heavens it did IMO.

Carolyn
Old April 19, 2015   #50
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapsSeeds View Post
Hmmm, don't think I fit his profile. Being a young Dutch female and all. And not really a big fan of nazi's, but maybe that's because my grandfather suffered in a concentration camp in Poland for over a year in WWII. Anyway, I think this guy is a classic example of a narcissist. I can be wrong, of course, I'm not a doctor, but in cases like this I have trouble believing a healthy person can be like this.
I totally agree.

And I am wondering about his so called heritage also.
I am part native American I dont dress like that.
I know a lot of other Native Americans and they aren't full of hate and only dress that way during ceremonies.
I am also of German heritage and I found his comments about Germans to be very repulsive and offensive.
As would any other self respecting German.

The only people I know that are full of that type of hate are people that want to blame their problems and short comings on someone else.
Narcissist are victims of abuse many times and neglect and it is no excuse.
They are liars and will do anything to place the blame on someone else.
I have worked around quite a few.
You can never trust them when the chips are down.

Worth
Old April 19, 2015   #51
peebee
Tomatovillian™

Kudos to Heirloomtomatoguy for his quick sleuthwork in exposing this nut case. I was aghast when I first saw the initial postings but just decided to sit and wait as I knew he wasn't going to get away with it for long.
Really, it makes you wonder how in this day and age of the internet, can a person expect this stuff not to be known by all eventually,esp if you post it on FB. Privacy is a thing of the past so live cleanly folks.
Old April 20, 2015   #52
charley
Tomatovillian™

i almost hooked up with him for some seeds. wow im glad he dont have my credit card number
Old April 20, 2015   #53
Jeanus
Tomatovillian™

Default den of bigots

I think the entire thread brings everyone on this board down. I am very sad to see Nya's rants but even more sad to see all the acknowledge of it. We do not have to meet that type of ignorance with the same vitriol. It sounds like a young man who drank too much beer. I have seen many a young sailor rant against what they at the moment perceived as injustice, only to regret it sober. There has been way too much injustice in this world whether it is the treatment of the Indians, the Armenians, women, ect ect ect ect. I am on this site for the magnificent tomatoes, the ways to grow them, the ways and efforts to make better tomatoes, not a young mans rant. I have probably had several foolish rants too, not about the same subjects. I have also had Indians and blacks tell me that they were just waiting for something to happen to go on a white killing spree. I took it with a grain of salt and went on. Please be the lofty tomato people I assumed everyone one here was. I do not look at pictures so have no idea of ethnicity, just good tomatoes. I do look at tomato pictures.
Old April 20, 2015   #54
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

The Seneca were known to grow various pumpkins, squash, corn, and beans. To the best of my knowledge, they did not grow tomatoes until the 1800's and then it was varieties commonly available to anyone in the U.S. If he wants to claim preservation of squash, corn, and beans, then I say have at it, but when it comes to tomatoes and particularly to native varieties and wild tomato species, he might have to move to Mexico.
Old April 20, 2015   #55
DapsSeeds
Tomatovillian™

Just wondering; why is this thread made into a sticky?
Old April 20, 2015   #56
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Guessing this thread is a sticky as a warning since most of us purchase seed from various small vendors and, as someone else already commented, I would not want this nut job to have my credit card number. Additionally I would never want to support a company that is blatantly slandering TomatoVille members!
Old April 20, 2015   #57
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun City Linda View Post
Additionally I would never want to support a company that is blatantly slandering TomatoVille members!
Kinda sealed the deal with me on a few vendors.
Worth
Old April 20, 2015   #58
Jeanus
Tomatovillian™

I do not know, totally confused about why also. It does not seem worthy.
Old April 20, 2015   #59
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

It's a sticky because I made it into one, for the same reasons mentioned by Linda and Worth.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Old April 20, 2015   #60
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

In addition to what Linda and Worth wrote, I believe this thread, which can be viewed by anyone on the web, helps to clear the air of some posts that were made by Phil Seneca / Phil Onodowaga on Facebook. His posts in May of 2014 on Facebook about Tomatoville were false and simply are not true. They convey Tomatoville and us the members here in a very negative way. In my humble opinion, Tomatoville is one of best forum of any kind on the web, with some of most helpful and courteous people in the world.
I applaud Mischka for making this thread a sticky!!!
Thank you again Mischka!
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.

Last edited by Dutch; April 20, 2015 at 04:08 PM. Reason: added info
Closed Thread

Tags
"good mind seeds" , goodmindseeds