Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 4, 2018   #241
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

When you order something from the cooking and canning company you get a nifty little card with a magnet on it for mea and metric conversions.
I had no idea it was in the envelope until I looked twice before I tossed it out.
Many of you know how much I love measurements and conversions.
The cats meow for a quick reference chart in the kitchen.
Worth

IMG_20180104_55512.jpg
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2018   #242
mikemansker
Tomatovillian™

Default Garden Cart

Long story short, I had a tree removed, split and left in a pile. Then I had surgery. After I was able to lift more than a gallon milk, I realized that I needed the pile moved and a wheel barrow was't going to get it. I ordered this garden cart based on reviews and, I can tell you, it might have been my best purchase ever. I love that I can pull it like a wagon or hook it up behind my riding mower.

I was expecting something little cheap, but this thing is sturdy! It also had a feature I've never encountered is that the assembly parts are packaged by step. I didn't have to sort through to find 4 P6 screws and W4 washers, etc.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mikemansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2018   #243
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I love my Cuisinart stainless immersion blender.
I don't use it all the time but when I need it the thing is really handy.

Worth
Old January 27, 2018   #244
taboule
Tomatovillian™

Talking about kitchen gear, le creuset pots and pans. Just like cast iron, only better.
taboule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2018   #245
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I love my Cuisinart stainless immersion blender.
I don't use it all the time but when I need it the thing is really handy.

Worth

I have the one of the early Braun models and it's still going strong. So much easier than transferring the food to the blender or food processor. And the stick blender is a heck of a lot easier to clean!
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2018   #246
berryman
Tomatovillian™

I've had a Braun spice grinder for many years. Use it every morning for coffee beans and many other times while cooking. It has really been durable compared to other brands I have owned.
But...the other day a friend who was over for a dinner party saw it and commented on the brand, saying that the company was contracted by the Nazis in ww2 to build the gas chambers! Crap!
Now when I use it I have bad thoughts. I guess I need to fact check.
berryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2018   #247
berryman
Tomatovillian™

Okay, so my friend had the wrong brand. It's not Braun, but Krups that did work for the Nazis. Facts are good.
berryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2018   #248
weaselbean
Tomatovillian™

Unicorn pepper mill. Ive had one for 6 years, still works like new.

https://www.amazon.com/Unicorn-Magnu...rn+pepper+mill
weaselbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2018   #249
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

That has been an issue with people for years and most of them that have an issue dont have a clue.
Many companies to this day that are still around had something to do with the war or some other aspect back then.
BAYER for crying out loud.
I wont let what happened in the past effect what I buy, if I did I couldn't buy anything.
Worth
Old January 28, 2018   #250
mikemansker
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselbean View Post
Unicorn pepper mill. Ive had one for 6 years, still works like new.

https://www.amazon.com/Unicorn-Magnu...rn+pepper+mill
You hardly ever see a 84 percent 5 star rating on anything on Amazon.
mikemansker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2018   #251
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

So, we ordered this power washer because we need to paint the house since hurricane harvey removed the paint like it was sandpaper. Part of the insurance claim is for the paint and we need to get that done before it gets too hot out to paint. We already had chosen new colors for the house a couple of years ago, and wanted to replace the siding before we painted. We will have to paint without doing that because we just don't have the time, or money to do it at this time. So, the best thing we can do is to paint, and to protect the house until we can replace the siding.

The plan is to later get a home improvement loan and replace siding, windows and doors, get new flooring, build the cabinets in kitchen and bathrooms, etc. Well, a new house without building it from ground up. Anyway, this is the machine we ordered and it lived up to it's reviews.

We ordered this power washer because the reviews were so good and it lived up to it's hype. I even ordered an extended warranty for it because I have heard power washers are so iffy. It's a great warranty through amazon, and I am not so sure I will need it. This machine never missed a beat yesterday. The concrete is clean, and even has nice colored pebbles in it which could not be seen through the embedded sand that was all over the driveway, walkway and porch. Hubby actually used a broom and dust pan to pick up all the sand that was being dislodged from the concrete, it was awful and it's actually white concrete. The green mold on the brick is gone and the whole front of the house looks much better than it did. I'm really happy hubby did his homework on pressure washers. It removed paint that was on the concrete when we moved in way back in 2012. Now to use it on the back patio when my body heals from yesterday, lol. I'm going to like this thing.

The power washer

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX3001-E...un+joe+spx3000

We ordered this nozzle because it rotates and it was a great choice for using on everything.

https://www.amazon.com/Joe-SPX-TSN-3...ct_top?ie=UTF8

~Margaret Atwood~

Last edited by Rockporter; March 31, 2018 at 04:38 PM.
Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31, 2018   #252
Gardeneer
Tomatovillian™

I think i have mentioned this before but not sure.
Anyway, my latest useful garden thing has been a behind _mower cart. It is a 1000 lbs capacity that i bought from Tractor Supplies.it is dandy to hauls loads of different things in a big rural setting where a wheel barrow wont do. I hauls loads of fire wood , fall leaves, horse manure, top soil, .
At $80 +tax it is money well spend.

Happy Gardening !
Gardeneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2018   #253
imp
Tomatovillian™

I am loving my vitamix, can't recall if I posted about it before. Pricey, yup, but worth it. Has been great to use and makes things quick and well, great warranty too.

Used it tonight to make strawberry blueberry cheesecake ice cream, and man, it makes great ice cream. Have the extra tucked into the freezer for tomorrow.

Top notch product.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5, 2018   #254
Hairy Moose Knuckles
Tomatovillian™

@imp

Agree 100% on Vitamix. We love ours.
Hairy Moose Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2018   #255
imp
Tomatovillian™

Here is a picture of the ice cream:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180606_003105 (2).jpg (311.7 KB, 70 views)
imp is offline   Reply With Quote