Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old February 15, 2014   #1
Durgan
Tomatovillian™

Default Starting Walla Walla Onion Seeds

http://www.durgan.org/URL/?JHLXO 15 February 2014 starting Walla Walla Onion Seeds.

Starting Walla Walla Onion Seeds for 2014. About 40 seeds were placed in one pot. They will be transplanted to individual pots when large enough to move. The pot was placed in a plastic bag to retain moisture and placed on a heating pad in the greenhouse. Walla Walla are my favorite onion for eating raw.
Durgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2014   #2
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Durgan, do you grow any other onions besides Walla Walla? We all know how proficient you are in preserving your harvest, and I"ve heard there are better onions for storage out there. Do you have a secret for keeping them?

- Lisa.
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2014   #3
Durgan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenthumbomaha View Post
Durgan, do you grow any other onions besides Walla Walla? We all know how proficient you are in preserving your harvest, and I"ve heard there are better onions for storage out there. Do you have a secret for keeping them?
- Lisa.
I don't keep the Walla Walla, in fact never tried. I enjoy eating the Walla Walla often during the season, and often add them to produce that I am juicing. Actually few onions are used off season for no particular reason. Usually don't grow other onions.
Durgan is offline   Reply With Quote