Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old December 13, 2013   #1
meadowyck
Tomatovillian™

Default Seeds and Plants Directory fr Mother Earth

http://www.motherearthnews.com/direc...#axzz2nMv12aCk

The link above I received from my Mother Earth email. I've been looking at the map and clicking on the marks, there are some, well lets face it for me, lots of seed companies that I never knew existed.

so I thought I would post for others that might not have this.

Merry Christmas folks

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
meadowyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2013   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by meadowyck View Post
http://www.motherearthnews.com/direc...#axzz2nMv12aCk

The link above I received from my Mother Earth email. I've been looking at the map and clicking on the marks, there are some, well lets face it for me, lots of seed companies that I never knew existed.

so I thought I would post for others that might not have this.

Merry Christmas folks
I got as far as seeing Penny's tomatoes and Pepper Joe's and decided to go back to the LR to work on paying some bills.

What they don't have is a rating of the various seed companies, as GW does, which makes that list difficult, ahem, to make choices from and as far as I went, and actually a bit more, I do think the reputation of a company is a big priority.

I used to sub to MEN many years ago, but it's changed since then. I was asked to contribute to an article, did so, and it was edited without running the edited version by me first. And since I knew several others who contributed I found the same had happened to them.

The current Editor, I can't think of her name right now, used to be with Organic Gardening where I also knew her b'c Craig LeHoullier and I were asked to proof many articles there and as I recall she was the copy editor back then.

So thanks for posting it, really, and I hope it might help others, but I'll go with the list in the Seed and Plant resources Forum here if I ever to decide to actually buy some seeds.

And I already know where to buy my bulbs and perennials and seeds for veggies other than tomatoes and I'm sure they are on that long list as well.

Carolyn
Old December 13, 2013   #3
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

I too was disappointed as I entered Ontario, Canada and it came up with ecogenesis.ca which, it turns out, is not a seed company at all. It links to other seed companies - which are in the US. The first one that I looked up didn't even ship seeds to Canada - grrrr!

Linda

Last edited by Labradors2; December 13, 2013 at 03:35 PM.
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13, 2013   #4
meadowyck
Tomatovillian™

sorry about that Linda. I just was excited to find some many companies that I didn't know about before. Should I ever come across a listing for companies in Canada I will post that as well.

Now off to check them out.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
meadowyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14, 2013   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labradors2 View Post
I too was disappointed as I entered Ontario, Canada and it came up with ecogenesis.ca which, it turns out, is not a seed company at all. It links to other seed companies - which are in the US. The first one that I looked up didn't even ship seeds to Canada - grrrr!

Linda
http://www.seeds.ca/rl/rl.php

Linda, above is a list of companies in Canada, published in 2013, with contact info and what they sell, ect/

And I checked and as far as tomato seeds go, the ones I wanted to see were there. But the list is all inclusive as to other kinds of seeds as well.

Towards the end there's a few thrown in from the US and France.

Carolyn, who considers Google to be one of her best friends.
Old December 14, 2013   #6
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Carolyn,

Great link! I love Google too and if I'm searching for a particular seed I just type in the name and follow the links. It works especially well for the more unusual varieties.

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote