Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old February 8, 2019   #61
oakley
Tomatovillian™

Oh good grief. I just peeked. It reads like those pharmaceutical tv adds.
Yes they have a big list of seed sellers that reads "Our seed partners..." rather
than 'These seed sellers...'

I wonder how many know they are 'partners' or even realize what that means.

And wonder if Craig knows his picture is still there. Clearly anyone that may have
actually signed up did so innocently and may have paid it no further attention.
oakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2019   #62
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Self promoting rich parasites with noses stuck so high in the air if it came a hard rain they would drown.
Love the right off the rack squeaky clean fake farmer costumes.
I find it insulting and offensive to real hard working ranchers and farmers which I was raised up as.
I honestly think that's what bothers me the most.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2019   #63
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Thanks for letting me know - I actually never did and won't go and look, so if they have my pic there, it is against my wishes. Like I said, I was involved more to keep an eye on the direction they were going. What is that saying? It is a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, wrapped in....etc. Request to redo the sever made.....argggggh
Old February 8, 2019   #64
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Mischka wrote:

No worries, Ted. I know you'd never willingly affiliate yourself with such a group. How disgusting of them to use your good name to legitimize themselves.

================================================== ===
Thank you, sir. I left SSE for (in my opinion) similar reasons (i.e.; "My perception of the apparent motives of the management"). That decision worked out well.
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2019   #65
Heritage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContainerTed View Post
Mischka wrote:

No worries, Ted. I know you'd never willingly affiliate yourself with such a group. How disgusting of them to use your good name to legitimize themselves.

================================================== ===
Thank you, sir. I left SSE for (in my opinion) similar reasons (i.e.; "My perception of the apparent motives of the management"). That decision worked out well.
Ellie is handling this matter for Heritage Seed Market. She has emailed the site owners and requested our business name be removed.

Our inclusion at the WTS site is news to all three vendors at Heritage Seed Market (Ellie,Ted, and myself) and none of us appreciate our name being used for promotional purposes without our permission.

Thanks all for the heads up!

Steve
Heritage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2019   #66
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

I think that it is worth separating the two main issues popping up in this thread. I've already discussed how I got tangled with WTS in the first place - and from what I was told today, my separation from them should now be complete.

As far as the SSE, we wouldn't have Tomatoville, there would be no huge collections of heirloom varieties available and so many wonderful seed companies if not for what began there - the great idea - in 1975. None of us will ever be in agreement for how any company or organization evolves over the years, particularly one that has been vital for more than 40 years. I am a lifetime member and offer just a few varieties, but will continue to work from within as best I can, when asked, toward any directional shifts that may be needed, and do what I can to influence them toward an organization that provides the most value.
Old February 8, 2019   #67
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischka View Post
WTS is a group of self-serving con artists with ulterior motives, shady behavior and bad intentions.

If you are a member or affiliated with them, you are no longer welcome here. If you are a vendor and I promote you here, your name will be removed from the list of recommended vendors and every current and past mention of your business will be erased from this site.

If you accost fellow members here to join or try to divert web traffic to their site, you will be permanently banned without prior notification. Any future posts or links promoting WTS will be deleted and the poster will lose their access to Tomatoville.

There will be no new threads created to discuss this "society". Use this one if you want to comment further.

Thank you for the heads up Mischka!

I found some questionable unsecured links on their main website. I am not a member of Facebook so I have no idea how that is set up or its linkage to other sites.The Privacy Policy on their main web is an eye opener. Below is a section of it;

Voluntary Disclosure
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users for any reason. Your profile pages and any forum you participate in are typically publicly available, although you have the ability to change the settings to limit access to these areas. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information via these or any other public venues. For example, if you choose to sign up for a free World Tomato Society account, you may have a Profile page on the site, containing your Full Name and some basic information including your location and bio. You may also add additional optional information to your Profile. You may control what type of Profile information is shown to other through your Account Settings. Any information you choose to provide as part of your profile should reflect how much you want other World Tomato Society users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Children’s Privacy
You must be at least 13 years old to register to use the Service. Accordingly, we do not collect any personal information from children.
Third Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Service. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements on the Service and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Other Sites
The Service may contain links to other Web sites or services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites or services, and you should review the privacy policy of each such Web site or service to make sure that you are comfortable with it before providing any personal information.
Miscellaneous
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.

Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2019   #68
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctomatoman View Post
I think that it is worth separating the two main issues popping up in this thread. I've already discussed how I got tangled with WTS in the first place - and from what I was told today, my separation from them should now be complete.

As far as the SSE, we wouldn't have Tomatoville, there would be no huge collections of heirloom varieties available and so many wonderful seed companies if not for what began there - the great idea - in 1975. None of us will ever be in agreement for how any company or organization evolves over the years, particularly one that has been vital for more than 40 years. I am a lifetime member and offer just a few varieties, but will continue to work from within as best I can, when asked, toward any directional shifts that may be needed, and do what I can to influence them toward an organization that provides the most value.
Craig, my experience with SSE was totally different and a total waste of my money. And, it occurred during SSE's worst possible time with the (IMHO) hostile takeover of the management of the organization. I am not saying all is bad there. Only that my experience was such that I decided not to waste any more money. Since that time, I occasionally receive emails that do nothing to change my mind about future membership possibilities. Of course, my friend, your experience may be different and I salute you for your patience in trying to see the right things done. I have neither the means, nor the inclination to waste any more of my limited time.

I wish you success in your endeavors.

Always your friend
The Muddy Bucket Farm
and Tomato Ranch

ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8, 2019   #69
ScottinAtlanta
Tomatovillian™

As of tonight, Craig's photos and essays are still up on that site:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Craig on WTS.jpg (246.5 KB, 502 views)
ScottinAtlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2019   #70
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

I had to scan down pages and pages on their Facebook site to find those old posts by Craig from July 11 and July 13 of 2018. I don't do
Facebook enough to know if he can just delete them from someone else's site.

ddsack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2019   #71
MrBig46
Tomatovillian™

What happened happened. I've also made a lot of bad decisions in my life. What I could, I corrected it. The most important thing is what is now and what it will be, as Mischka writes.
Vladimír
MrBig46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2019   #72
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

I contacted Lee Goodwin last night and he wasn't even aware the WTS even existed much less that he was listed as a seed "partner".
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2019   #73
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Thank you for the heads up Mischka!

I found some questionable unsecured links on their main website. I am not a member of Facebook so I have no idea how that is set up or its linkage to other sites.The Privacy Policy on their main web is an eye opener. Below is a section of it;

Voluntary Disclosure
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users for any reason. Your profile pages and any forum you participate in are typically publicly available, although you have the ability to change the settings to limit access to these areas. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information via these or any other public venues. For example, if you choose to sign up for a free World Tomato Society account, you may have a Profile page on the site, containing your Full Name and some basic information including your location and bio. You may also add additional optional information to your Profile. You may control what type of Profile information is shown to other through your Account Settings. Any information you choose to provide as part of your profile should reflect how much you want other World Tomato Society users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their profile pages. You can review and revise your profile information at any time.
Children’s Privacy
You must be at least 13 years old to register to use the Service. Accordingly, we do not collect any personal information from children.
Third Party Advertising
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Service. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Websites in order to provide advertisements on the Service and other sites about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Other Sites
The Service may contain links to other Web sites or services. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites or services, and you should review the privacy policy of each such Web site or service to make sure that you are comfortable with it before providing any personal information.
Miscellaneous
In the event that we are acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.

Dutch

In the Miscellaneous paragraph, "In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, ..." did they run a logistic regression analysis to determine "unlikely"?
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9, 2019   #74
nctomatoman
Tomatoville® Moderator

Hi Dee - no, one cannot delete from another FB site. We are certainly in a time when fragments and pieces of our lives end up in places far longer than we wish, I suspect!
Old February 9, 2019   #75
SpookyShoe
Tomatovillian™

Default Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Self promoting rich parasites with noses stuck so high in the air if it came a hard rain they would drown.
Love the right off the rack squeaky clean fake farmer costumes.
I find it insulting and offensive to real hard working ranchers and farmers which I was raised up as.
I honestly think that's what bothers me the most.
It is said that money cannot buy happiness, but I've seen what the lack of it can do.