Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SPLATT™ event information and discussion forum. South Carolina Piedmont Lycospersicum Annual Tomato Tasting

Old May 5, 2015   #1
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Default SPLATT 2015

This years event will be on the 11th of July. So mark your calenders. I will update with more info as the time approaches Rodger
Old May 18, 2015   #2
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Should be there this year, looking forward to it.
Old May 18, 2015   #3
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Look forward to meeting you.Rodger
Old June 2, 2015   #4
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I think it will take a miracle for me to have tomatoes ready by July 11th, but if I have some and the timing works out, I'll be there!

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
Old June 4, 2015   #5
rodger
Tomatovillian™

My whole garden is about 4-6weeks behind. I am not sure I will have ripe tomatoes. But at least people can see the plants with fruit and the rest of the garden and enjoy the music. Hope to see you Rodger

PS I never commented on your post about last years eevent. It did happen around 200 people not many tomatoes to display garden were late last year same as this year is starting. But I don't believe anyone was disappointed. Rodger
Old June 28, 2015   #6
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Im almost 100% my wife and I will be there and we should have plenty of tomatoes. She wanted me to make sure restrooms and chairs would be available as she is 6 months pregnant. Also how many maters should I bring?
Old June 29, 2015   #7
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Sounds great. It is at my home and I have a good clean restroom that is available also seating inside in the airconditioning if it becomes too hot. Bring what you can on the tomatoes a nice assortment would be great. Looking forward to meeting you and your wife. I would suggest bring a chair to sit in. Rodger
Old July 3, 2015   #8
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Ok will do Rodger thanks! What time does it start and could you pm me the address?
Old July 4, 2015   #9
rodger
Tomatovillian™

The date is Saturday July11th time is 0900 till 3:00 I will do a guided tour of the gardens at 0900 . The tour will start at the large pecan tree on the side by the garden. I will try to put up signs with information for those doing self guided tours. I will be available for questions and general tomato garden talk at the infomation table from 1:00 on. Please stop by and speak before you leave. There will be a seed saving demonstration at 1:00pm and cultural technics discussion(pruning staking, disease control etc.) I will try to answer any question you may have. Once again the Sugar Loaf Mountain Boys will be here playing from 11-1:00pm so bring a chair a enjoy the music. The event is free but I will have a donation box to help offset costs.I will provide bread tomatoes and Dukes for those wanting a sandwich . I will also provide Sweet tea and Ice water to keep you cool. Please dress appropiately it will be humid and may rain. The grounds are uneven so wear good sturdy shoes. Please be respectful of my gardens if there is a plant that interests you I am always willing to trade or provide cuttings etc when asked. This event is run solely by my wife and I so it is help your self. I am 100% organic and compost all waste so please place all napkins in the receptical provided. I don't like plastic and will provide you with a real glass or you may bring your own cup. Please place your glass in the tub for dirty dishes by the info Table. I also asked you to bring any tomatoes you may have to place on the tables for others to see and taste.

The event will be at my home which is at 2528 Old Dutch Rd. in Little Mountain SC 29075. Directions from I-26 take exit 85 and turn Right towards Little Mountain. Go to the stop sign. This is Hwy 76 main street Little Mountain. Turn Right go 1.5 miles then turn left onto Old Dutch Rd. I am the first house on the left. Most parking will be on a gravel rd. ( Davids Mountain Trail) just before the house. Please angle park and pull forward. This road goes about 1/2 mile then ends at a cul de sac. To leave back out then continue down the road there are some side rds that you can turn around at. If you need assistance or have questions please fell free to call 803-924-6084.
Old July 4, 2015   #10
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Rodger, see you in a week!
Old July 10, 2015   #11
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

2 bags of maters ready to bring, see ya there!
Old July 13, 2015   #12
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Had fun and a great event Rodger! I meet some great folks there and tasted some great tomatoes. Was cool seeing Amanda McNulty, she was such a sweet lady and said her favorite tomato was my SOO! Feldon did you come? Was hoping to meet some more tomatovillians tgere but we did meet some fellow gardeners near us so that was cool.

Rodger I would like to speak with you about growing for seed a bit at sone point when you have the time. Beautiful home/garden and thanks for the hospitality! Here are some pics. I have more but they are on my wife's phone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150711_105739-resized-960.jpg (256.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 20150711_104155-resized-960.jpg (330.1 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg 20150711_114624-resized-960.jpg (276.2 KB, 54 views)
Old July 13, 2015   #13
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I'm afraid I missed the event. Was tied up with family.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
Old July 13, 2015   #14
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to everyone that came had a little over 100 people, a much smaller crowd compared to past years but still a good time. I posted pics on face book when I refresh my mind on how to do it here will post here also. or just check out RodgerWiinn or Rodgers heirlooms on facebook. Rodger