Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SPLATT™ event information and discussion forum. South Carolina Piedmont Lycospersicum Annual Tomato Tasting

Old July 16, 2011   #1
winterfly
Tomatovillian™

Default Great Event

Thanks Rodger and Karen for hosting such a great event and giving me an opportunity to share my North Carolina mountain tomatoes. Great music, great organic garden and tour, and a lot of great people attending.
Old July 17, 2011   #2
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Millard,Thanks again to you and Richard for all the fantastic tomatoes y'all brought. It was a smaller crowd this year as expected. The count was 104 people. The weather was great not the swelting heat like earlier in the week. With the smaller crowd I was able to talk with more people and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. I did miss some regulars hope everything is going well with them. I had a comment from some that when there is no bacon the crowd really trims down. I hope that was not the case. Next year my Daughter gets married in June and the reception will be at my home so there will be no band as of now, I will be totally broke. I will see if the local garden clubs would like to offer Bacon for BLT's as a fundraiser, it just takes too much time and effort on our part to do the bacon. I have posted some pictures on my website under Splatt 2011. Thanks to Keith for taking the pictures, and to keith and my Nephew for making my garden one of the best I have had in years. Keith wanted to learn how to garden so I put him to work this year, driving over 300 t-post putting up nearly 3000 poles for beans and tomatoes to climb on , pulling weeds laying down irrigation and speading over 300 bales of straw and and 25 tons of compost. All of the not so nice but necessary chores that have to be done to make a succesful garden. Now it is time to start harvesting and extracting seed of the over 100 heirloom varieties of vegetables and flowers I grow. Jim it was nice to spend more time talking with you. I hope eveyone is enjoying fresh tomatoes like we did and good luck to the folks up in Raliegh next week on the Tomatopaloza. Unfortunately I am working next weekend so once again I will not be able to attend. Rodger
Old April 8, 2014   #3
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Default Wow I'm really close to you..

Will this event be happening this year? Be glad to bring some maters.
Old April 8, 2014   #4
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Yes, this year it will be July 12th. I will post more tonight. Rodger