Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

SPLATT™ event information and discussion forum. South Carolina Piedmont Lycospersicum Annual Tomato Tasting

Old May 28, 2017   #1
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Default SPLATT 2017

Mark your calendars This years event will be on Saturday July 22. from 0900 to 3:00pm. at my home in Little Mountain SC. more to come. Rodger
Old July 7, 2017   #2
rodger
Tomatovillian™

The date is Saturday July 22 2017 time is 0900 till 3:00 I will do a guided tour of the gardens at 0900 . The tour will start at the large pecan tree on the side by the garden. I will be available for questions and general tomato garden talk at the information table from 1:00 on. Please stop by and speak before you leave. There will be a seed saving demonstration at 1:00pm and cultural techniques discussion(pruning staking, disease control etc.) I will try to answer any question you may have. Once again the Sugar Loaf Mountain Boys will be here playing from 11-1:00pm so bring a chair a enjoy the music. The event is free but I will have a donation box to help offset costs.I will provide bread, tomatoes and Dukes for those wanting a sandwich, assuming the tomatoes are ripe, wet spring plant sales and my real job have the garden about six weeks behind. I will also provide Sweet tea and Ice water to keep you cool. Please dress appropriately it will be humid and may rain. The grounds are uneven so wear good sturdy shoes. Please be respectful of my gardens if there is a plant that interests you I am always willing to trade or provide cuttings etc when asked. This event is run solely by my wife and I so it is help your self. I am 100% organic and compost all waste so please place all napkins in the bin provided. I don't like plastic and will provide you with a real glass or you may bring your own cup. Please place your glass in the tub for dirty dishes by the info Table.

This is a Tomato tasting. The idea is to have as many varieties of tomatoes to see and taste. I only grow a limited number of varieties so I ask that if you have any ripe tomatoes even if it is just one please bring to add to the table for others to see and taste. I am offering a free plant of your choice during the spring plant sales or fall plant sales for every variety of tomato you bring. So please bring some tomatoes.

The event will be at my home which is at 2528 Old Dutch Rd. in Little Mountain SC 29075. Directions from I-26 take exit 85 and turn Right towards Little Mountain. Go to the stop sign. This is Hwy 76 main street Little Mountain. Turn Right go 1.5 miles then turn left onto Old Dutch Rd. I am the first house on the left. Most parking will be on a gravel rd. ( Davids Mountain Trail) just before the house. Please angle park and pull forward. This road goes about 1/2 mile then ends at a cul de sac. To leave back out then continue down the road there are some side rds that you can turn around at. If you need assistance or have questions please fell free to call 803-924-6084.
Old July 25, 2017   #3
rodger
Tomatovillian™

Another successful event over 500 attendees. whew!!! 97 deg I spent 6 hours in sun talking about the garden Thanks to those that came and especially those who brought tomatoes. Pictures can be seen on my facebook site rodger winn or rodger's heirlooms