Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old June 30, 2016   #91
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

<SIGH>
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2016   #92
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

No blooms, mine is just getting 3rd set of leaves.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2016   #93
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

I didn't have a long enough growing season left to start them So these will certainly be grown out next year. I am certainly excited to see everyone else's results!
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2016   #94
nicollas
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to JayC i'm in the game too. I had 3 out of 8 seeds that germinated. Way to small to transplant outdoor yet
nicollas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2016   #95
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

I'm so jealous of anyone who has seeds/ plants of this. Good luck to all, I hope you will all post pictures of your successes. I am living vicariously.
Old July 1, 2016   #96
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Your seeds should have made it by now Marsha. They have been in the mail for two weeks now. If you have not received them i will send you more when i get home from vacation on Tuesday
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2016   #97
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloomtomaguy View Post
Your seeds should have made it by now Marsha. They have been in the mail for two weeks now. If you have not received them i will send you more when i get home from vacation on Tuesday
Thank you for sending them. No, still not in today's mail. I will check my sent mail to be sure I gave you the correct addy.
Old July 21, 2016   #98
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Photoes, please!)))
Can't wait to start Enjoya seeds early in 2017...

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2016   #99
Darren Abbey
Tomatovillian™

I've got a row of six plants. They're growing fine, though delayed due to me having to dig a garden out of rock and sand for them.

Anyone got any fruit development going?
Old July 21, 2016   #100
braybright

I forgot to come back and update - I visited my local Sprouts location in early June and asked about the striped bells. The guy said there had been a display of them that went very quickly, but he'd check in the back to see if they had more, because he remembered seeing them. He brought out a big box and I was able to take my pick! I got some lovely specimens and saved all the seeds. I dried them on the stems for 3 weeks - there were at least 750 seeds. I'm divvying them up for the MMMM!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13413763_10154117399906276_5086048425448756080_n.jpg (144.4 KB, 148 views)
Old July 21, 2016   #101
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by braybright View Post
I forgot to come back and update - I visited my local Sprouts location in early June and asked about the striped bells. The guy said there had been a display of them that went very quickly, but he'd check in the back to see if they had more, because he remembered seeing them. He brought out a big box and I was able to take my pick! I got some lovely specimens and saved all the seeds. I dried them on the stems for 3 weeks - there were at least 750 seeds. I'm divvying them up for the MMMM!

They sure are pretty! I hope they will grow here next year.
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2016   #102
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by braybright View Post
Very kind of you. I'm sure many people will be very happy to have these growing next year! Mine are ready to be transplanted into their final pot. I am hoping I get some ripe before frost but if not I will try to keep them going inside.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2016   #103
clkingtx
Tomatovillian™

Such pretty peppers! Don't remember if anyone said how these taste? I will look back to see. Can't wait for the MMMM! I would love to try growing these.

Edit- I see the taste was good, like a red or orange bell. Yum, can't wait to see how the ones growing out do!

Last edited by clkingtx; July 21, 2016 at 01:31 PM.
clkingtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21, 2016   #104
braybright

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkingtx View Post
Such pretty peppers! Don't remember if anyone said how these taste? I will look back to see. Can't wait for the MMMM! I would love to try growing these.

Edit- I see the taste was good, like a red or orange bell. Yum, can't wait to see how the ones growing out do!
They tasted like regular supermarket bells to me. Very mild, not really sweet either. Hopefully they are better homegrown! Even if they aren't, they are so gorgeous I would grow them anyway!
Old July 21, 2016   #105
imp
Tomatovillian™

So pretty! I hope I get lucky in the swap for these!! I watch at our local stores, but none are showing up here, or I would buy them< lol, and be ahead that way.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote