Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating onions, garlic, shallots and leeks.

Old May 10, 2011   #1
yopper
Tomatovillian™

Default the weather

It finally quit rainning long enough that I could till the garden!!! I planted 4 bunches of onions from dixondale yesterday. It rained most of last night and still rainning this morning so I didn't have water them. Onions been setting on the work bench in the barn for two weeks waiting for it to dry up.This website has been pretty dead lately I guess every one is busy in the garden or so feedup with the weather they don't even want to talk about gardening. GOOD GARDENING TO YA ! YOPPER
yopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011   #2
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

hey yopper,

i have been checking the weather up there myself. we are moving back to our calumet farm, and i have currants, raspberries and garlic planted here that i want to bring along.
the garden at the farm has ben dormant for 2 1/2 years, and i need to till a bed for the berries, and currants. i would want to do that immediately as possible if i want them to live. we are making the long drive north this saturday.

keith
rxkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011   #3
jgaleota
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by yopper View Post
I guess every one is busy in the garden or so feedup with the weather they don't even want to talk about gardening. GOOD GARDENING TO YA ! YOPPER
You got that right! We went from 40's and endless rain to 90s and endless wind this week.
jgaleota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011   #4
yopper
Tomatovillian™

Welcome back to the U.P.!!!!{ Keith from Calumet } Did you get retired? The weather guesser said it's suposed to rain off and on the rest of the week up here. Have a good trip up!!! YOPPER
Old May 10, 2011   #5
rxkeith
Tomatovillian™

yopper,

we retired ourselves.
we may pick up some shifts here and there. kmart really likes us after what we did here in sandusky, so we will be able earn some pocket money when we want to.
big priority is finally getting work on the farm house complete, getting the garden reestablished, and getting beds prepared for berries, and planting some fruit trees.

we also plan on enjoying some leisure time, and renewing acquaintances with the people we know there.
winter time, ehhhh, we know what to expect. we gotta boss plow and a ford truck, and wifey wants a wood burning stove in the house. enough food in the house for a long time, so we should be all set.

we are thinking about some chickens in the future for eggs, a bird, and guinea pig for pets for our son. my wife wants a donkey, but we aren't going there any time soon.
it should be fun.

keith
rxkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2011   #6
yopper
Tomatovillian™

Keith good for you on the retirement.I retired in 1990 and moved from Ohio to the u.p. and have not regreted it for one second.It sounds like you and the wife will be busy but if you enjoy it it ain't work EH !! YOPPER