Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 29, 2010   #1
ubergoober
Tomatovillian™

Default Our City Garden *video*

Timmah wanted to hear the accent plus I needed to make a quick video of the progress to look back on anyhow so here it is

Yes my yard IS that small. City lots here are very teeny but we are making do. I still managed to get in 14 tomato plants lol.

ubergoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2010   #2
Flame of Bodensee
Tomatovillian™

Hi,

tiny tiny Garden but lovely , had to watch the video two Times to understand it all, well american accents are sometimes hard to understand for foreigns who thought they can talk English good enough.
Like i see all is good in your Place, healthy Plants some with little fruits on it.
The Siberia i had last year, but it didn't grow such big, cause the seed source never sayed it's a bush Mater and i thought it's indeterminate and got rid of the suckers , but it was a nice harvest with nice tastin Maters after all, it likes cold weather really. You and your Family have surely many Fun in the Garden, some People in Citys would dying for such a gardenplace here in Germany, they can only use the balcony when Sun and clear Air is enough there.

greetz Matthias
Old June 29, 2010   #3
Timmah!
Tomatovillian™

Very nice garden & space management. Everything looks nice & green & healthy. Think I detect somewhat of the kind of accent I hear when listenting to Prarie Home Companion? =D Seems more of a distilled enunciation with a difference in the inflection of 'O's. Guess the further south you go, the thicker the accent becomes.

If that's the average size of a back yard, don't think I can ever live in a big city. Be nice to see the development of your garden as the season progresses.
Timmah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2010   #4
ubergoober
Tomatovillian™

ahhh the accent is very much a mish mash of various Canadian accents....and no not all of them are the same. Born in the Maritimes, moved overseas to Germany, moved out west to the Canadian Prairies then out to Ontario where I am.

City lots here in my area are very small. I am itching to move out to the country though. I am a little tired of my postage stamp size of a lawn. But we make do with what we have I guess and hopefully I will be enjoying some tasty tomatoes later this summer.

To Matthias...I suppose it is hard to understand accents. It does not help when I talk fast either. I used to live in Germany as well many years ago. I would love to go back...beautiful country! As for the Siberian, yes I heard it is a bushier plant. Hopefully it will give me a taste of early tomatoes soon.
Old June 29, 2010   #5
shlacm
Tomatovillian™

How cute! As for "city lots" if you're really in a city, then I'd say it's pretty good sized! Not bad at all! And you've done a lot with it.
shlacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2010   #6
remy
Buffalo-Niagara Tomato TasteFest™ Coordinator

Some of the other Canadians like Penny, Wendy, or Zana would be thinking "what accent?" It is funny how strongly the border divides the accent.
You're plants look great and your daughter is a cutie.
Remy

Yes, we have a great party for WNY/Ontario tomato growers every year on Grand Island!
Owner of The Sample Seed Shop
remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2010   #7
dustdevil
Tomatovillian™

You've done well with your space. I didn't notice any accent when you spoke.
dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2010   #8
ubergoober
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by shlacm View Post
How cute! As for "city lots" if you're really in a city, then I'd say it's pretty good sized! Not bad at all! And you've done a lot with it.
City of about 500,000...and growing FAST lol. I am sure it is probably closer to 650,000 since that was as of the last census I believe.
Old June 29, 2010   #9
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms
Tomatovillian™

Very nice video thanks for sharing the plants are looking great.

Craig
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29, 2010   #10
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

Accent....sounds pretty normal to me, :lol.
Great video!
Jeff
dokutaaguriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2010   #11
Anthony_Toronto
Tomatovillian™

I'm close by in Toronto, but I couldn't understand a word you said....crazy accent, must be 4/5ths newfie! However, your plants look great...and if you have any cod tongue suppliers close by, please let me know.
Anthony_Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2010   #12
ubergoober
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Toronto View Post
I'm close by in Toronto, but I couldn't understand a word you said....crazy accent, must be 4/5ths newfie! However, your plants look great...and if you have any cod tongue suppliers close by, please let me know.

LOL My husband swears he has NO Ontario accent and that there is none. I grew up in PEI so I do have a bit of the East Coast in there.
Old June 30, 2010   #13
shlacm
Tomatovillian™

I grew up in CA and say there is NO California accent... wonder if there are those who disagree? I've developed a hint of a Southern accent out here in VA though.
shlacm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2010   #14
dustdevil
Tomatovillian™

I noticed you don't speak with a Canadian dialect and don't use duct tape to hold your tomato plants on the stakes...

The Canadian citizenship test:
Spell Canada: C eh N eh D eh

Last edited by dustdevil; June 30, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
dustdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2010   #15
ubergoober
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustdevil View Post
I noticed you don't speak with the Canadian dialect and don't use duct tape to hold your tomato plants on the stakes...

The Canadian citizenship test:

Spell Canada: C eh N eh D eh

lol Apparently you have seen the Red Green show lol.