Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Old June 16, 2007   #1
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Default pictures of lettuces I grow this year

I love lettuces, and our PNW summer is perfect for growing these as it is May/June are cool and wet anough for lettuces to thrive...

These are all new to me this year, and I truly enjoy watching them grow and sampling in green salads

Red Leprechaun (from Bill Minkey via SSE)

Revolution (West Coast Seeds) - dark lollo rossa type, very nice and tasty, I love it in salads combined with Tango lettuce, it is truly delicious:

Leda (eastern european crisphead) - nice and crunchy, heading up very well here in PNW:

Amish Deer Tongue (Baker Creek) - delicious, different taste, adds a 'punch' into the salads

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16, 2007   #2
pooklette
Tomatovillian™

Tania,

I'm also growing Red Leprechaun from Bill Minkey this year. It's lovely, isn't it? We'll be giving it a much anticipated taste test tomorrow.

That Revolution lettuce looks beautiful! I bet that would make a truly stunning salad. I was thinking about trying one of the dark lollo rossa types next year and now I'm convinced. I'm definitely growing one (or more) now!
pooklette is offline   Reply With Quote