Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion for successfully cultivating potatoes, the world's fourth largest crop.

Old August 20, 2009   #1
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

Default August 28 Potato Harvest Vancouver, WA

I thought that a few people just may be in the vicinity of Vancouver, WA---or may know of someone to act as proxy for you to attend a public harvest of one of my more interesting plots of potatoes. I am including what I could copy from a pdf Adobe publicity folder.

I have already harvested the berries from hundreds of these lines. Over half of the plot are potatoes planted from wild species of potatoes, primitive culitvars from South America, many foreign varieties, American varieties and an assorted of novelty lines. The other half is a cross section of my own breeding work.

Quote:
Independent researcher Tom Wagner of Everett, WA will join us for an informative talk on his work breeding and hybridizing potatoes in the Northwest.
After a sack lunch we will head out to the fields to help harvest and label the tubers for next year’s planting.
If the harvest is good—there should be enough spuds to take home samples.
Bring: a lunch, water, pitchfork, gloves, shoes & clothes for digging, and dress for the weather
Potato Hybridizing
with Tom Wagner
Friday
August 28, 2009
9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
1919 NE 78th St. Vancouver WA 98665
PRESENTED BY INDEPENDENT RESEARCHER
TOM WAGNER
WSU Extension programs and employment are available to all without discrimination. Evidence of noncompliance may be reported through your local WSU Extension office.
For more information visit Tom Wagner’s blog at:
http://tater-mater.blogspot.com
Cost : free
Registration required: Class size limited to 30
Call: 360-397-6060 X7718 or
e-mail: gordonc@wsu.edu to
register for the workshop

Tom Wagner
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25, 2009   #2
phicks48
Tomatovillian™