Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 30, 2018   #46
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I had a gentleman’s agreement with Darin (Darin Dotson) to co-name the variety in question with an aka (also known as). This agreement which Darin agreed to, was between Darin and myself, and no one else. It was stated in open forum and confirmed via PM! Other people gave Darin suggests in the forums here at Tomatoville and advised him to consider other options. This was after our agreement (between Darin and myself) had already been made.
I view Darin's choice to break this agreement as dishonorable and disrespectful.
Dutch
Dutch, I must say I find you bringing this up after all this time as rather disingenuous. Please refer to your original posting at the time at http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost....66&postcount=7

Darin agrees in post #10 http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost....8&postcount=10

Then in post #12 http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost....4&postcount=12 Carolyn flips the names to her own interpretation, not your suggested one.

Then in post #13 http://www.tomatoville.com/showpost....6&postcount=13 You reply using this sentence " Carolyn has the final say so on how I should label the seeds I produced for her."

It was clear from Carolyn's immediate flip of your named suggestion (and all subsequent postings) that she had no intention of using "Dotsons" as the primary name. When you posted that she has the final say of how YOU name Darin's seeds, then you are reneging on your implicit agreement to the suggestion.

Perhaps we all, Darin included, misunderstood what it was he was agreeing to. Was it a one sided agreement where only he had to abide by the terms? That's not an agreement, that's an edict! Do you honestly think he would have agreed to it if you had phrased it as " you have to call it this, but we can call it anything we want! Hard to see where that can be called a "gentleman's" agreement if it was intentionally meant to be an underhanded way to get him to agree.

The whole old thread for those who care is at http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...lebanese+heart

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2018   #47
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Lol this tomato naming drama. You folks need to relax. If it was me I'd name it w/e I wanted. Anyway, I give another vote to Wes.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2018   #48
Spartanburg123
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I had a gentleman’s agreement with Darin (Darin Dotson) to co-name the variety in question with an aka (also known as). This agreement which Darin agreed to, was between Darin and myself, and no one else. It was stated in open forum and confirmed via PM! Other people gave Darin suggests in the forums here at Tomatoville and advised him to consider other options. This was after our agreement (between Darin and myself) had already been made.
I view Darin's choice to break this agreement as dishonorable and disrespectful.
Dutch
I certainly take offense to being called dishonorable and disrespectful, especially considering how honorable and respectful I have been to YOU both privately and publicly. It stops now.

My continuing wish is for folks to enjoy this great plant and fruit, using the name that I requested after discovering it in my garden. I certainly do appreciate those who have grown it and given feedback.

Now on to more reds (not pinks)....
Spartanburg123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30, 2018   #49
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Danko is good and so is Carolyn!
Sun City Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2018   #50
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Charline, If you would like to try Indiana Red let me know and I will send you some.

Ami

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/I...b=General_Info
Old January 31, 2018   #51
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Ami, How would you compare Indiana Red against Wes, and Russian 117? Taste? Production? Plant's durability as for as heat stress and fungus?

Thanks!

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2018   #52
Spartanburg123
Tomatovillian™

I would also like to try Wes- I have seen so many positive reviews of it. And perhaps I'm a bit biased, but my son is named Wes too

Thanks to all for the recommendations!
Old January 31, 2018   #53
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanburg123 View Post
I would also like to try Wes- I have seen so many positive reviews of it. And perhaps I'm a bit biased, but my son is named Wes too

Thanks to all for the recommendations!
I have plenty of Wes seeds Darin.
Old January 31, 2018   #54
Spartanburg123
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVanVader View Post
I have plenty of Wes seeds Darin.
Thanks Vader. We may have to set up another hot dog lunch. Do you have room for a few DLH seedlings in your space this Spring? I'll trade you a pink for a red

D.
Old January 31, 2018   #55
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssgarden View Post
Ami, How would you compare Indiana Red against Wes, and Russian 117? Taste? Production? Plant's durability as for as heat stress and fungus?

Thanks!

Greg

I'm not Ami, but I've grown all three in the past. Based on my notes, I described Wes as sweet/mild, Indiana Red as having a mild but lingering flavor, and Russian 117 (my grow yearly choice of the three) as having a rich and well balanced tomato flavor.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2018   #56
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:

Thanks!

Greg
Have not grown Wes or Russian 117.

Ami
Old February 1, 2018   #57
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanburg123 View Post
Thanks Vader. We may have to set up another hot dog lunch. Do you have room for a few DLH seedlings in your space this Spring? I'll trade you a pink for a red

D.
I don't actually, but your welcome to Wes seeds. I'm mainly sticking to commercial hybrids and Lofthouse varieties this year.
Old February 1, 2018   #58
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Thank you guys! Will look into Russian 117 seeds!!

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2018   #59
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I did not realize there was a red Russian 117. I will have to try it sometime. I love Orange Russian 117. I think it is the best bi-color heart. Taste is very different from Wes, though, much sweeter and not acidic at all. They make a good pair if you only grow two hearts. Both of them are good, just very different.

Last edited by Cole_Robbie; February 1, 2018 at 03:25 PM.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2018   #60
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

I don't think anyone has mentioned
Maria Amazilitei's Giant Red

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...%27s_Giant_Red
I've grown it the last two years and Maria A. started bearing in early mid-season for me and was very productive.

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote