Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old February 23, 2017   #16
charley
Tomatovillian™

i think its early blight also.i use bleach then copper spray remove the leaves far far away
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2017   #17
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Default That was an Apology???

Ron, you had better settle down and behave like a gentleman. Acting like this will get yourself banned from this forum in short order. We do NOT speak to each other in this manner. We treat each other with dignity and respect!!!

I have spent countless hours trying to help you. I have sent you seeds at my own expense and some of those seeds were quite hard to come by. I thought that you were a friend of mine. I have tried and tried. You will not even read the threads that I ask you to read. If you had, you would have found the above link for disease that Marsha so generously provided. You can not be bothered to take any advise given, instead you do what you want and then ask me to try to fix it. As I have always said, bleach kills the pathogen but there are more spores around. Keep the area clean. After the bleach spray follow up with a fungicide. Rotate between copper and whatever choice is acceptable to you. My choice is daconil. Air circulation is a MUST in your environment. You have 80% humidity in the air. You can not overcrowd your plants. Your greenhouse can hold 20 plants comfortably, yet you have packed 125 plants in and expect them to flouish. You can not keep them too wet. Allow them to wilt between watering if need be. Bottom water your seedlings but do not set them in water all of the time and get them close to the lights. Remove some of the older plants to make room for the new. You don't have enough room to grow all of them. All that you are doing right now is reverting to your old ways before you came to Tomatoville. You are overcrowding again. The plants have no air circulation and are starving for space and light. You are right back where you started because??? You won't listen or if you are you are just doing as you wish. Your way does not work.... The way that I was teaching you, prevents any infections. I have not had to face all of this in years because I have learned how to avoid them. Following these guidlines pays off immensely.

I have never used Thiram. I looked at it 30 years ago when I had an acre of grass that had rust. I am quite sorry that my feeble brain can not remember what the label said from back in those days. Why should I have to do all of your research anyway? You will not look at what I ask you, yet you expect me to look at what you post. You went and bought this stuff all on your own. I never told you to go and get it, rather you told me that you were doing it. Yeah, if you wanted to use it, go right ahead. I made it quite clear that I was not going to make the choice of what product you used after the way you reacted to what I suggested. I said to use whatever you wanted.

I will not allow you to berate me or other people on this forum. This is now the second time that you have done this and it is most unacceptable. You did this in the above thread that you just posted. (see post 671 and 672)

Imp has read every single post that you have made and is quite aware of what you have been doing. In fact we both cringe everytime that you state that you have started more plants. You have been playing with fire by growing so very many plants and it is catching up to you. You were warned, so yes, it is your own doing.

I wish you good luck with your Youtube friend.

Good Growing ~ The besotted one!
Old February 23, 2017   #18
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
i think its early blight also.i use bleach then copper spray remove the leaves far far away
Thankyou Charlie...I wonder what your recipe of bleach is cause to be honest in my research there seems to be a wide variety. and that in itself is terribly confusing.....REgards Ron
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2017   #19
murihikukid
Tomatovillian™

Default Enough said

Patti...Have you ever heard of "fungicide" Thiram which is available here but very expensive and I found it linked to Captan ??

http://www.kiwicare.co.nz/help/produ...fungus-control
Regards Ron
Yes I have heard of Thiram. I have never used it myself due to the price. If you want to give it a shot, go right ahead and let me know how it does for you. Whatever you decide to do for your seedlings you had better do it ASAP. DO NOT DELAY! As you have found out it moves rapidly.

If you did spray your plant in the sunlight, you will see a severe burn to your leaves and it will be apparent rather quickly.
murihikukid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23, 2017   #20
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by murihikukid View Post
Unfortunately it seems to me that I have outstayed my welcome here ..
Ron
You should go to Youtube and ask.
Old February 23, 2017   #21
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

There is an excellent short sentence that all should remember and this is it.

Lets agree to disagree: and that when opinions differ.

And if that doesn't happen here right now, this thread will be locked.

However, posts done recently that might be trying to help Ron by folks who haven't posted much to date in this thread, will be allowed.

And I will keep a close watch on this thread.

Carolyn
Old February 23, 2017   #22
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by murihikukid View Post
Hi....Common decency means I have to refrain from making comments apart from if you want to have a go at me make sure you have all the facts right ..Do you think that I have not appreciated all the help that I have received from Patti??....I certainly was not aware that I had not thanked her enough and for this I apologise ......As for imp...No apology for you ...you rave on without facts and little knowledge on what I am actually doing or trying to achieve here in NZ and Carolyn ...well you are moderator and supposed to be impartial so please go back to
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...=40246&page=43
and look at posts 635 and 636 which clearly contradicts Patti's post that I so strongly objected to ...Now I do not know why she wrote what she did unless she has become so besotted with bleach that it has affected her...
Have I not got the right to question the use of this product ...many others do??? I had a bad experience with it but now that it is summertime I was prepared to try it again on a few expendable plants ...but only as a last resort ...Thankfully now I have found a product Unizeb which has the active ingredient Mancozeb in it a recognised treatment for early blight ..unfortunately other products like 720g/litre chlorothalonil (Daconil etc ) one requires a handling license and I simply do not know what this entails....I would still add at this point of time I am not 100% sure that the yellow leaves are infected with early blight ...I have studied photos of early blight and I see real diferences....
Where there is sign of yellowing leaves the stems are also infected with white round blotches.. ...Hopefully a gentleman who posts a lot of videos on Youtube can give me his opinion cause he has a video online that shows yellowing leaves like mine as part of the natural growing process although possibly bought about by other factors...
Thankyou?? Regards Ron
Ron, I am only answering this as you referenced me directly re apologies.

I don't want or need nor asked for any apology to myself. I really don't care for an apology since I am not the person you have been rude to. All I did was speak out bluntly and you can take it or leave it, your choice. What you choose to do, what ever choices you make, have no impact on my life.

I shall refrain from offering you any advice in the future.

All I will add is best wishes with your tomatoes and such.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2017   #23
moneymaker
Tomatovillian™

I have been reading this thread for a few weeks and I could see. We're it was heading,,you gave some great advice to Ron, but he didn't seem to take it all in,. Far too many plant's in the greenhouse was a certainly. 12 plant would be ample. ,,that's my opinion
moneymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24, 2017   #24
AKmark
Tomatovillian™

I see more powdery mildew too. I would tear everything out of there and would use Greenshield or bleach on every surface. If it is not done that way, disease will continue to thrive.

Patti has been wonderful, I cannot believe how much she has tried to help.
AKmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25, 2017   #25
brownrexx
Tomatovillian™

I have not been involved with this discussion from the start but that definitely looks like Early blight as I said in my earlier post. The spots on the stems are not Early Blight but I do not know what they are.

If you have as many plants in such a small space with high humidity as others have said then it is no wonder you are having problems. Tomato plants really need good air circulation to stay healthy and high humidity will really foster the growth of molds and other pathogens.

It really seems like you are looking for a magic chemical solution to the problem but there is more than one problem so there is not going to be only one solution. You are driving yourself crazy trying so many different things, one right after another.

Sadly you have so many things going on at once that it is really going to be difficult to correct all of the problems but overcrowding and high humidity seem to be the main problems.
brownrexx is offline   Reply With Quote