Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 21, 2007   #1
bizzarbazzar
Tomatovillian™

Default worm castings?

I was wondering if anyone has bought worm castings from Rising Mist Organic Farm? and if so your opinion of the company? I am thinking about ordering from them toward mid march. Thanks so much...New to the purchasing of castings, but I am also buying worms from here in Montana and a worm bin that I will be picking up. But I want to have some castings while the worms work on my scraps.

Frankly since I am clueless in this...any advice or opinions or info will be helpful..
bizzarbazzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21, 2007   #2
garnetmoth
Tomatovillian™

Ive had redworms for a few years, they definately consume our table scraps, and I like using the vermicompost for aerated compost tea (see Soil Food Web etc. for more about ACT).

I cant imagine buying worm castings if youre going to have some worms soon. theyre not cheap at all. I guess it depends on what you want them for. Id personally get some composted manure if you want bulk fertilizer for an outdoor garden. Theyre a nice low-to-no odor substance to use in houseplants.

http://www.thegardenforums.org/ is a bit quiet usually, but theyve got a good vermiculture forum down in the Dirt.Dig In! section
garnetmoth is offline   Reply With Quote