Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3, 2012   #1
Dewayne mater
Tomatovillian™

Default Disease concern turning to panic. Help appreciated!

Oh greatness of collective wisdom of T-ville, I call on you once again for assistance! I would greatly appreciate you helping me identify diseases as well as any recommendations for treatment you may suggest.

I have uploaded the max number of pictures allowed for your perusal. In 233 I show you the good news...many plants have excellent growth and flowers and fruit set. However, in 234 I show the tainer with two very sick plants. If I lose them, I will be sad but so be it. However, every other tainer is now showing disease, at least two types I believe are different.

Pics 227, 228 are from the sickly tainer and are examples of the worst looking foliage. What do you think is going on here? My greatest fear is if this is TSWV. I've had a battle with flea beetles this year and they drink neem and insecticidal soap for breakfast because it makes them stronger! Fear - they bite infected plants, jump to next plant and spread infection(s).

229, 230, 235 show what seems to be a gray mold. What do you think?

237 and 239 are more of the disease that causes a yellowing leaf and in some instances, the leafs become witly before it dies...but strangely, most of the ones turning yellow don't wilt. I suspect this disease is the same as what is infecting the sickly tainer, but, so far there is less of it, it is starting at the bottom and moving up and not turning dark brown like some of the ones in the sickly tainer. Thoughts?

241 shows a leaf tip browning and some leaf curl. Could this be a 3rd problem! I have a total of 7 tainers, but it looks like I'm a lab for the CDC I've got so much disease!

This year I've used thrive plus actinovate dip to plant out, tomato tone fert, daconil, serenade, exel lg, (both Ser and Ex in combo with Act as foliar), seaweed, garret juice, neem oil, insecticidal soap, BT, and spinosad that I can remember. Still, the non winter plus warm humid spring results in terrible bugs and disease. Sigh. (bought but haven't applied a Bonide product with permethrin, since believe it or not, I try to put as few bad things out the tomatoes as possible)

Ami - do you think azoxistrobin (Sp?) could provide healing help? Excel lg doesn't seem to have reversing powers this year. I'm getting a little concerned that I could get to the cusp of success and lose it all, so, I'm willing to try all remedies possible.

Thanks for your input folks! Invaluable and calming to know the great minds and caring folks on this site!

Dewayne mater.

PS my ground garden is on the opposite side of the house and though the plants aren't as advanced, they show no signs of any of this! Weird.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0233.jpg (286.6 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0227.jpg (136.8 KB, 193 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0228.jpg (138.9 KB, 182 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0229.jpg (88.8 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0230.jpg (86.1 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0231.jpg (288.5 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0234.jpg (285.3 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0235.jpg (120.5 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0239.jpg (91.3 KB, 169 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0241.jpg (98.7 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0237.jpg (116.3 KB, 148 views)
Dewayne mater is offline   Reply With Quote