Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 13, 2019   #1
Ozark
Tomatovillian™

Default "Beauty" from TGS

Tomato Grower's Supply sent me a free bonus pack of Beauty tomato seeds, and though I'm not finding much information about the variety elsewhere - THEIR description of Beauty sounds so wonderful I think I'm going to grow it.

"BEAUTY While the name of this tomato speaks of its lovely scalloped appearance, it is the wonderful, old-fashioned tomato flavor that really sets it apart. Heavy crops of 12 to 16 oz. beefsteaks mature fairly early. Add to this outstanding productivity and ability to keep well after harvest, and you have one beautiful tomato! Indeterminate, 75 days, OP."

Well - if all that's right, why would we ever grow any other tomato variety?

Marketing aside, it does sound like a good one and worth a try. Has anyone here ever grown Beauty, and how did you like it? Thanks.
Ozark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2019   #2
MdTNGrdner

Is it possibly Beauty Lottringa? That one is scalloped.
Old March 13, 2019   #3
Ozark
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdTNGrdner View Post
Is it possibly Beauty Lottringa? That one is scalloped.
Probably not - it's just "Beauty" in the TGS catalog, on the seed pack, and on Don S's spreadsheet. Name changes, or name shortening, of tomato varieties for marketing purposes happens though, and when it does it's confusing and damaging. Hope that's not the case here.
Ozark is offline   Reply With Quote