Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old March 12, 2018   #46
Tormato
Tomatovillian™

My black Sears hose in now gray, after 60 years of being in the sun.
Tormato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2018   #47
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

I found the brand name. It's Teknor Apex https://www.apexhose.com/neverkink-e...eavy-duty-hose Mine is the 100' size.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2018   #48
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Worth. It helps to see what other people have liked.

Imp, I ordered one of the hose holders. We can compare notes and see how they hold up. Its not a big investment, anyway.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2018   #49
imp
Tomatovillian™

I don't try to use hose holders as my old house is brick and that would mean serious drilling to hang one.

Thanks, Salt, I'll take a look at them too.

I am tired of buying hoses every couple years, so will be willing to spend a bit more if it would last and not kink up to high heavens, <smile>. I do drain my hoses in the winter and store them, but spring to fall, they are out, though often up at the house under shade when not in use.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2018   #50
SueCT
Tomatovillian™

Sorry Imp, I thought you said you bought them, but it was Rockporter. Rockporter, we can share how they work.
SueCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13, 2018   #51
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueCT View Post
Sorry Imp, I thought you said you bought them, but it was Rockporter. Rockporter, we can share how they work.
Haven't bought them yet but have them in my Amazon account. I need to find out if hubby has anything from there he wants before I order. But yes, we can surely test them in our different climates for sure. Hot, humid and salty air here.

~Margaret Atwood~

Rockporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2018   #52
whistech
Tomatovillian™

Imp, if you are still looking Sears has the Craftsman 5/8" fifty ft. long rubber hose on sale for $20.00.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-cm-if...0050830x000545
Old March 15, 2018   #53
imp
Tomatovillian™

Yep, still looking. That is a good price, too.
imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2019   #54
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockporter View Post
It's really strange, I remember that hose thread but I can't find the one I posted in either.

Here is the hose I have and I really do like it. It has held up very well outside and the kinks it makes come right out like it says when you pull on it. Kinks don't stay in it, you just pull toward you. Flexilla brand.

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/se...ce:&pageSize:&

Hi all, I have to update this thread. That hose is the worst hose I could ever vouch for and I am sorry if anyone has had problems with theirs. Mine has become solid black from mold, and there is orange slivers of material coming out of the hose. I don't know if it is growing algae or if it is the insides of the hose coming out. It blocked up two of my wands before I realized what was happening with them. I found numerous complaints regarding these very things on this hose on Amazon. I apologize if anyone bought this hose and lost money on it. Now I have to buy a new hose today. Have no clue what it will be but I need something in my garden that I am not fearing to touch.

~Margaret Atwood~

Old March 11, 2019   #55
Rockporter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockporter View Post
Haven't bought them yet but have them in my Amazon account. I need to find out if hubby has anything from there he wants before I order. But yes, we can surely test them in our different climates for sure. Hot, humid and salty air here.

Updating on this post as well. I love my hose holders. We have one for me and I bought two for hubby. We hung them vertical on top of each other for his 100 feet of hose and just one vertically hung for my 50 feet of hose. I love how easy it is to take the hose off, and to put it right back on too.

It's the Geckos Toes holders just as a reminder of what I am posting about here.

https://www.amazon.com/Geckos-Toes-W.../dp/B004KTLP10

~Margaret Atwood~