Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Old January 14, 2015   #16
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I first thought you said eggplant surgery.

Worth
Ha I can't see me asking, "Doctor, could you remove this eggplant from my side?"
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2015   #17
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

The first time a scanned across it I coukd have sworn it said tomorrow I'm going in for eggplant surgery.

If you have one and I know you do look in some of the feed supply stores for seeds.
We have one in Austin that has so much stuff it will make your eyes fall out.
I even found a shovel that was made in America.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14, 2015   #18
AlittleSalt
BANNED FOR LIFE

"I even found a shovel that was made in America."
NO WAY! Wow

We do have a lot of Feed stores in this county and all those around us. I like visiting them. The smell alone makes you want to grow everything.
AlittleSalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2015   #19
Anthony_Toronto
Tomatovillian™

I never was able to find a variety like the one that my neighbour had...25-foot long main single vine, I don't recall any runners coming off that vine, regular green zucchini, not like any of the vining varieties that I could find online or that anyone referenced here. Still hoping neighbour might be able to get some seeds from person who gave them to him before.
Anthony_Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2015   #20
Ken B
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
We are going to grow Lemon squash and Seminole pumpkins on one fence. Cucuzzi on another fence. I need to find where to buy Cucuzzi seeds.
Both Seminole and Cucuzzis get pretty huge -- here in Virginia we usually grow them on the edge of our fields, where they can sprawl out 10-20'... think they'll be too much for any Texas trellis to handle!!

jmsieglaff talked about cattle panel trellises... we're a big fan of them too, we use them for gourds and asparagus (yard long) beans, we blogged about it a while back -- http://www.southernexposure.com/blog...el-trellising/ -- we use 15' panels bent into an arch; I think the arches not being totally vertical helps make it a bit easier for the vines to climb the panels on their own.
Ken B is offline   Reply With Quote