Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old March 1, 2020   #16
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Remembering the original thread, I went to e-bay and checked out the tomato seed sellers. I remember several years ago a seller maybe called Kentucky Blue Ribbon heirloom seeds or something along that line. I did order a variety called Aunt Lou's Underground Railroad because at that time that site was the only place I could find seeds. I needed to try it out because the tomato theme that year was family and friends and we have an Aunt Lou.

The seeds were delivered quickly and did very well. That is the only time I ordered seeds from e-bay. Amazingly when I checked out the different sellers on line they each have a blurb under the seller that says I have ordered from this vendor in the past. Hah! I know better, you can't fool me.
Old March 2, 2020   #17
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
Amazingly when I checked out the different sellers on line they each have a blurb under the seller that says I have ordered from this vendor in the past. Hah! I know better, you can't fool me.
Now that's strange. Maybe just a glitch? Would not surprise me.. (nothing w eBay really surprises me)
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2020   #18
Tropicalgrower
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGlew View Post
For me, since I wanted to try Russian/Siberian hearts, I searched TV for Andrey_BY's suggestions since he is in Belarus. The conclusion I came to is he regularly suggests the following:

EM-Champion
Eagle's Beak
Mazarini
Pink Honey

I have only grown pink honey so far, which has been excellent, and my original seeds came from Ohio Heirloom. I will try the other 3 varieties this summer with seeds from the EBay folks I mentioned. I also picked up pink honey from RU to grow next to Mike's stuff to see if there is any drift with his US version of the original.

Vladimir (MrBig46) has grown a pile of hearts and documented them a few years ago, and Carolyn137 (rip) was also a heart fan who had many suggestions. You can search TV to find these.

I'm at a point now that I really need to stop and take an honest assessment of how many varieties I want to grow this year,vs available room/what I can honestly take care of.. I probably will struggle with what I have now as I had a serious fall and got a compression fracture in my lower back.

I better hold off on anything additional until next year.

I appreciate very much everyone's reply.

Trop

Last edited by Tropicalgrower; March 4, 2020 at 11:35 PM.
Tropicalgrower is offline   Reply With Quote