Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old February 3, 2007   #1
cecilsgarden1958
Tomatovillian™

Default Bio-neem

I still have a 1/2 bottle of Shultz Safer brand bio-neem concenrate. Is there a shelf life to the concentrate?????

CECIL
Old February 3, 2007   #2
mdvpc
Tomatoville® Moderator

Cecil-I dont know the answer to your question, but am interested in your experience with neem. I used it in my greenhouse for pest control and also disease control. Not sure how much it helped. What about you?
Old February 3, 2007   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Is there a shelf life to the concentrate?????

Cecil, if an expiration date/storage conditions aren't listed it's always best to call the manufacturer and ask that question. The phone number will be on the bottle.

And similar to Michael I haven't heard too many positive comments about neem. When it first came out it was going to prevent and/or cure everything, but as the years have passed I see less and less folks saying that they use it for anything, b'c, as Michael has said, he's not too sure he sees any difference when it uses it.

Again, it's one of these products that got a lot of hype and b'c home gardeners aren't into using products with control plants, they usually use it and don't really know if it did anything at all.