Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old March 1, 2011   #1
happydog
Tomatovillian™

Default Solstice Seeds

I just came across this by accident when I was looking for more info about Standby Cilantro. Has anybody bought seeds from her? Sylvia Davatz.

She has some nice varieties that I've not seen elsewhere. You can't order online, you have to print the form out and mail it snail mail. But my order arrived really quick, along with a personal thank you note.

I'm looking forward to trying Dolloff beans and Golden Sweet peas (aka Golden India) as well as some new tomatoes.

I was very happy with my purchase and thought I'd share this little source. (I hope someone doesn't come along and say she's misnamed a bunch of tomatoes and exaggerated all their virtues. )
happydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2011   #2
happydog
Tomatovillian™

oops forgot the link

Solstice Seeds
Old March 1, 2011   #3
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

I like her catalog and the varieties she offers, but hadn't heard of her.

The link is to last year's catalog. Google for the most recent one. There's a nice interview at http://www.gardenconservancy.org/abo...ys-garden-host
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2011   #4
jamie_savoie
Tomatovillian™

Really nice selection of seeds! Especially for canadians and colder climate. Thanks for sharing!
jamie_savoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2014   #5
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

I ordered some interesting bean and pea seeds from her this year. It's surprisingly difficult to find pole beans I haven't tried that look appealing. I'd been searching for a source of Berner Landfrauen pole beans, and rediscovered her catalog. I found this year's catalog at
http://www.uppervalleyfood.coop/wp-c...logue_2014.pdf

My order arrived promptly, the amount of seeds was generous, and the packets were so reasonably priced that I didn't mind the small postage fee.

Sylvia's name was familiar from a chapter in the book The Seed Underground by Janisse Ray, which I read last year.
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2014   #6
happydog
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for that link to her latest catalog. If you get on her email list she'll email it to you every year. But having it only in email form makes it hard to share with online friends. I order from her every year. One of my favorites.