Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old July 10, 2009   #1
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Default How to tell if you have Fusarium :0)

I was moving around my biggest plant (with 20+ flowers. . . crazy for this horrendous cold rainy weather and the fact that it was the notoriously unprolific Goose Creek). . .

to show my husband how to pick off one small, lower, slightly yellowing leaf. . . and looking for anymore (it needed to be tied again)

and *CRACK* the huge stem that was bigger than a giant hunk of celery split and split a quite a bit. . . and guess what was inside?

Brown streaking. I'm just glad I caught it early.
Old July 11, 2009   #2
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Apparently it works on veriticullum as well. *CRACK*

Seems obvious. . . . but to all y'all eager folk excited to be creating your own new [expensive] well amended raised beds. . . . try to grow something in that soil first.

Sorry people who's seeds I'm trying. . . looks like this year for me may be a total bust. So far though I can tell y'all neither Emma nor CP X Sungold are particularly mosaic or veriticulum or f. resistant.

Oh well. . . at least I figured this out before I was drooling over green maters. And they were growing SO FAST and making such a comeback from the winds and rain.

Anyway. . . score one in the life lessons category. Looks like next year I'll be going full-fledged Raybo style.