Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating all other edible garden plants.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 1, 2019   #1
GoDawgs
Tomatovillian™

Default Yesterday's "Last of.."s

Yesterday was another day of "last of..."s. I pulled the last of the fall planted carrots, three pounds worth. The soil was nice and loose but a lot of the carrots refused to reach down much so they just got fat. They were growing in that raised bed that was sitting in standing water during the January rains that swamped that part of the garden. My theory is that they just didn't want to get their feet wet!

Left to right:, Napoli, Tendersweet, Bolero:

Then there's what is probably the last of the asparagus. These got steamed and dressed with a bit of butter and balsamic vinegar. Outstanding! They hold well in the refrigerator in this mug of water:

The parsley is definitely bolting so I'll let it go and collect the seeds. I've got a replacement planter growing but it will be a while until I can start cutting on it. This old one will still be good for a while longer. The oregano next to it has done OK being out on the porch most of the winter even on nights around 32. I guess the porch sort of protects it a bit.

GoDawgs is offline   Reply With Quote