Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 20, 2008   #1
bigbubbacain
Tomatovillian™

Default Aeroponics trial # 2

This thread is a follow up from my previous thread.
(Aeroponics: Worthwhile, or waste of time? )

Well, my first little adventure with a homemade aeroponics unit went well, up until the point when the nutrients began to clog the fountain spray head. I looked in the bucket and noticed that the root growth favored the side that was getting more of the spray. The plant had gotten so rangey I went ahead and put it in the dirt.

On to trial #2.... I decided to take my homemade single bucket system and try to make a true propogation using the fog device. I had no intention of paying hundreds of dollars for the systems, epsecially when they appeared to be made mostly of items that are available for much less.

Pictured here is the ultrasonic fogger. Some of these are pricey, I shopped around and found one for around $30.
(www.mainlandmart.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fogger.jpg (176.0 KB, 59 views)

Last edited by bigbubbacain; November 20, 2008 at 12:39 PM. Reason: better info.
bigbubbacain is offline   Reply With Quote