Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating eggplants/aubergines.

Old June 12, 2006   #1
Vince
Tomatovillian™

Default Amazing 2nd year plants

I have some Black beuty that survived the winter and are produceing delicious fruit in abundace. I started with six plants last year an two survived the winter. They gave a nice flush of fruit in february, but the taste was extremely bitter. Now that it has warmed up they are gigantic(like trees) and producing many fruit that are not bitter at all. Compared to last year the fruit is lighter colored, almost lavender. They are slightly more elongated and have almost no spines on the sepals(I think this is what they are called, the part that attaches the fruit to the plant). Well anyways they are producing more and better fruit than my new plants. Has anybody had this happen before?

Vince
Old August 2, 2006   #2
bluekat
Tomatovillian™

How are these doing in the heat? Did you ever find anyone who had them survive like yours?

-Kim