Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating melons, cucumbers, squash, pumpkins and gourds.

Old January 24, 2011   #16
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhspirited View Post
Whoa, I'm the seller of the silver mulch. I'm having a twilight zone moment. I hope you like it.
May I ask if you will have a steady supply of the silverized mulch? Reason I ask is that I reference it in the EarthTainer III Construction Guide, and I just want to be sure my referrals can get it from you over the long term.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2011   #17
lhspirited
Tomatovillian™

Yes, I have lots. Most of it is on the roll and not cut yet. I can cut it into smaller sizes and put that on Ebay too if that would be beneficial.

Laura
lhspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2011   #18
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Laura,

I would think adding a 25 foot long size at about $5.00 would be a good addition. Most folks who build EarthTainers do not need a 50 foot length.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2011   #19
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

My best results with melons have been to build up raised mounds with very rich soil (50% compost), lay down black plastic and cut an X where I intend to sow my seeds, then lay down shredded leaves or pine straw or other mulch on top of the plastic. With the small X's for where the plants come through, and the mounds, I was able to get excellent drainage and concentrate the roots where all the compost is.

I got a very good harvest of Mickeylee. Sugar Baby was not to my taste though.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2011   #20
lhspirited
Tomatovillian™

Raybo,

I will add a 25 foot length in a day or so.

Thanks,

Laura
lhspirited is offline   Reply With Quote