Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 1, 2010   #1
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Default Anyone have an extra JD's, KBX, or BTD Pink? Argh I'm cursed! :0)

I will compensate shipping, I'd offer to pay for the plants but I don't think that's allowed here :0) Hmmm, what do I have to exchange. . . the old Tomatone formula, a wide variety of seeds and a handful of the Wild Boar types, ummmm a kidney?

The person growing my seeds for this year had a bit of a catastrophe so I won't be getting these as I'd planned. Tomato kooties last season prevented me from tasting them last year.

My curiosity is KILLING me!!! So, I'd be super appreciative if anyone has an extra plant they were thinking of tossing they could send my way. If you live near MA, New England somewhere or NY I could even pick it up.

I realize this is a long shot, but thanks for humoring me. Happy gardening!
Old June 1, 2010   #2
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

What town are you in, in Mass? i have some plants
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2010   #3
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Hingham, but I will drive anywhere (this is how bad my tomato addiction has become.) I would appreciate this so much, and be so indebted to you, you don't even know. :0)
Old June 1, 2010   #4
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

I am getting my last plants ready to give to friends tonight. I did get seed from Wild Boar farms ,i have plants 12-15" high of Berkeley Tie-Dye, and SWEET CARNEROS PINK 1 plant of each, Paul Robson, Green Zebra,Black from Tula, Black Krim and others from seeds from Italy .
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2010   #5
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Awwww, thank you Filmnet, I really appreciate your sweetness. :0) I am specifically looking for KBX, BTD Pink, and JD's though, which no one seems to have! It is irrational- I know- there are many wonderful plants out there (including one of my fav Kellogg's B- which hasn't done well here)---- but I am just dying to try these three. I'm like, totally the kid poking on and shaking their presents under the Christmas tree endlessly to see what they are :0) The fact that I tried to grow them last year as well adds to the yearning!

Classic dilemma of wanting, really really wanting what you can't have!!!! :0)
Old June 1, 2010   #6
Timmah!
Tomatovillian™

You could try either: http://www.selectedplants.com/varieties.htm or

http://knapps-fresh-vegies.netfirms....toes-2010.html

among others in the 'recommended vendor' list.
Timmah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2010   #7
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, I did get some Indian Stripe from Darrel :0) :0) which was also on my list of thwarted obsession! (SUPER nice guy btw! :0) ) but the other stuff is sold out.

I did see the knapps thing earlier but hadn't heard of them. . . but I just sent them an email. Fingers crossed!!!!
Old June 1, 2010   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Heather, I have no plants to share, but you know, there have been those times when seed didn't germinate and plants early in the season were taken out by raccoon fights and frost and you name it I've seen it.

I hate to see someone so desperate for plants that they'd post for same, but I can understand it.

My own mantra when disaster strikes is.....well there's always next year and something tells me you have more next years ahead than I do.
Old June 1, 2010   #9
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Lol, thanks Carolyn, true- so true- there's always next year. :0)

I've always been horrible with dealing with curiosity and suspense, I don't know how many horrible movies and tv shows I've kept watching just to see the ending :0)

And Carolyn I'd bet you have a zillion next years in you no doubt-- all those tomatoes aka antioxidants over the years and I seem to remember you liking chocolate too- I'm sure you'll be around a lot longer than most of us. ;0) :0)
Old June 2, 2010   #10
habitat_gardener
Tomatovillian™

I have some extra JD's seedlings, but it's been a cold spring here and my seedlings have been slow growers, so they're only 2-3 inches high. I'm sort of interested in trying out the seedling-mailing thing, so if you're still desperate...
habitat_gardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2, 2010   #11
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitat_gardener View Post
I have some extra JD's seedlings, but it's been a cold spring here and my seedlings have been slow growers, so they're only 2-3 inches high. I'm sort of interested in trying out the seedling-mailing thing, so if you're still desperate...
Ask Craig ( nctomatoman) how he shipped my seedlings up to me this year. It's a no sweat method and the plants arrived in fine shape. A couple of years ago he sent me 5 seedlings that were no larger than 3-4 inches tall and they did fine as well.
Old June 2, 2010   #12
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Thank you guys!! :0) As of last night it looks like I've found them all!! Wahooooooooo!

The awesomeness of Tomatovillians never ceases to amaze me.