Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old April 11, 2012   #1
FILMNET
Tomatovillian™

Default Germanition problems

All of my tomato seeds have germinated except Vince P1, Ambrosia which I got from Carolyn. Even the ground cherries which take 2-3 weeks easy.
FILMNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11, 2012   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILMNET View Post
All of my tomato seeds have germinated except Vince P1, Ambrosia which I got from Carolyn. Even the ground cherries which take 2-3 weeks easy.
And I did see that you posted this in the Germination thread and did respond to you there, with data from the thread itself about Vince P1 and Red Ambrosia.
Old April 11, 2012   #3
Barbee
Tomatovillian™

If all seeds have germinated except for 2 varieties, I don't think I'd call that a germination problem. I think you had a pretty successful germination period!

Sometimes seeds just don't germ for a number of reasons. I had 2 varieties I bought from a reputable seed company not germ this year. Well, I got 1 plant out of the one variety and none out of the other variety. Both were varieties I really wanted to try and both cost me way more than the price of a stamp

It happens sometimes and there's no sense driving yourself crazy trying to figure out why. Celebrate your success!