Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 1, 2009   #1
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default last day of the year

Boy the 31st did not start out great. I spent most of the day sick. Got up to go to work. Got less than 1 mile from my house and saw a police officer pulled over with another car inside a blind curve. Warned the car comming towards us to slow down so they would not hit them by flashing my lights and darned if there was not another police officer right behind me. He immediately pulled me over and stated that my liscense plate light was out. I got a warning. Then 20 min later I got pulled over again. THis time I was more upset. THe officer was nice ad explained that my light was not technically out just the reflector was probably dirty making it hard to see. He then stated that they were pulling everyone over with any infraction so they could check for drunk drivers. I got another warning. (I should sate that I get pulled over all the time with that complaint and I am always checking the light to make sure it works. I drive a Mustang) Now I am running late for work and hoping I do not get a speeding ticket. I walked into report and one of the nurses put Carolyn's book 100 Heirloom Tomatoes for the American Garden in front of me. I was so touched I almost started crying right there if front of everyone.
newatthiskat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2009   #2
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Mustang Kat. The color of your Mustang wouldn't be Red would it. Ami
Old January 1, 2009   #3
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default REPLY

Nope it is blue . The Grand Am prior to this was red. Someday I will drive a pink Solstice. I will monitor lights daily in it
Kat
Old January 1, 2009   #4
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Had a Pink 1957 Cadillac black rag top convertible. Now that was a hoot.Ami
Old January 1, 2009   #5
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by newatthiskat View Post
(I should state that I get pulled over all the time with that complaint and I am always checking the light to make sure it works. I drive a Mustang)
Kat,

I had a similar problem with the boys in blue harassing me with the excuse that my license plate light was out. (it never was)

I replaced the bulb with a super bright white LED bulb and now they have to find another lame excuse for pulling me over.

Here's a link to a place that sells the brightest, high quality automotive LED lights you can buy.

Give them a try and good luck in the future with your 'stang.

http://www.oznium.com/leds

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Mischka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1, 2009   #6
newatthiskat
Tomatovillian™

Default Reply

Ami I am feeling that pink caddy! I could so see myself driving one!
Mischka which one did you buy? I am wanting to put someones eyes out with the brightness.
The Book is great and Have spent all day reading it getting ready and changing my tomato list again
Kat