Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 15, 2009   #1
tomatoaddict

Default Seed Tape

This year will be my first year making my own seed tape. I ordered some last year from Park Seed and it was ultra expensive. It did although make planting so much easier and not as much waste. I'm going to use it for small seed such as lettuce, radishes and such.
I found a site that offers just the rolls of seed paper if you don't want to make your own. Just thought I would pass it along.
http://seed-tape.com/
Old January 16, 2009   #2
kevokie
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the link. I've read somewhere on some other website where you can make your own seed tapes. It was either out of toilet paper or paper towels. I guess you could essentially make it out of any type of paper but there would be the difficulty of getting the seed to "stick". I will have to try and find that link.

"A world without tomatoes is like a string quartet
without violins."- Laurie Colwin, Home Cooking
kevokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2009   #3
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

Here you go tomatoaddict: Best-Ever Seed Tape

Quote:
getting the seed to "stick"
I use white liquid school glue (you know the brand!) 1 teaspoon per 16 oz. of water, filled in a small spray bottle. This glue does NOT inhibit the germination process; in fact it may aide it.

Last edited by Polar_Lace; January 17, 2009 at 01:57 AM. Reason: edited to add glue statement
Polar_Lace is offline   Reply With Quote