Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!

Old 15 Hours Ago   #7576
imp
Tomatovillian™

United Market Place put on super value packs of sirloin pork chops for a dollar a pound, really good deal. Cooked one this evening with some rice. May have to pick up another package before the sale ends.
Old 13 Hours Ago   #7577
AlittleSalt
Tomatovillian™

Writing about taste is basically useless, because each of our taste buds are different. I recently found a cheap eaten thing that I really like.

Worth started this thread (The OP) - and the product is sold by Walmart - not his favorite place to shop by any means. It's Salsa Verde - again, not something the OP likes. This is post #7577 in this thread, and that's impressive to me.

So what is the product I'm writing about? Great Value - Salsa Verde - Medium. It costs around 2$ for 24 oz. It doesn't taste like salsa verde, but it does taste like an ingredient for TexMex foods.

For me, it's good enough to eat solo. It doesn't even need chips.
Old 7 Hours Ago   #7578
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post
Writing about taste is basically useless, because each of our taste buds are different. I recently found a cheap eaten thing that I really like.

Worth started this thread (The OP) - and the product is sold by Walmart - not his favorite place to shop by any means. It's Salsa Verde - again, not something the OP likes. This is post #7577 in this thread, and that's impressive to me.

So what is the product I'm writing about? Great Value - Salsa Verde - Medium. It costs around 2$ for 24 oz. It doesn't taste like salsa verde, but it does taste like an ingredient for TexMex foods.

Yes I have had salsa that would me a good cold soup too.

As for Walmart where would we be without them.
I remember them when I lived in south east Oklahoma just down the road from Walmart headquarters back in the early 70's.
Back then the common saying was Walmart fall apart.
That was back when stuff was made in the US for the most part and cheap junk from Asia.
Times have changed
Yes I shop at Walmart to get specific things that HEB doesn't have unless I order it on line.
Well, I draw the line at ordering Sandwich Pal on line.
I wont let stubbornness keep me from getting what I want.

PS Still eating my goulash.

Worth

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Hours Ago   #7579
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
peanut butter sandwich for lunch and a bowl of fresh cooked pinto beans for dinner. Neither lunch nor dinner added up to a real meal, but together they do. Can't go wrong with peanut butter or beans.

Waiting for cold weather to arrive before my mind starts thinking of stews, soups, and chili. Come on cold weather.

I agree about the weather and heavier foods. Peanut butter is always a good item to have on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coronabarb View Post
I love peanut butter. I eat it almost every morning on toast. Cooked pinto beans - we were somewhat poor growing up. My mom made do and some nights, dinner was cooked pinto beans on buttered bread. She called it "beans on bread" and I rather liked it. Didn't know any different. My family would mutiny if I tried to feed them that now.

Peanut butter and toast is so good.
Old 2 Hours Ago   #7580
imp
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlittleSalt View Post

I like to hear from others about how they think something tastes, and even as you did in your post above, where you stated "It doesn't taste like salsa verde, but it does taste like an ingredient for TexMex foods."

This thread has many many posters contributing many things and ideas to it, and at this point with a thread, for me, it doesn't matter who made a first post, but that the thread is a continuing conversation between many people with many ideas. <shrug>