Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Old April 4, 2013   #91
kichaimsten
Tomatovillian™

I went to your webpage just a few minutes ago and was very interested in the variety of Veggies AND tomatoes you have posted there. Good luck with your growing year! I'll be looking forward to your updates!
kichaimsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2013   #92
MileHighGuy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kichaimsten View Post
I went to your webpage just a few minutes ago and was very interested in the variety of Veggies AND tomatoes you have posted there. Good luck with your growing year! I'll be looking forward to your updates!
Thanks!

I'm still getting it all worked out for this year before I start advertising.

Should be finished with it all this weekend. I just starting selling shares for my CSA. I'm going to seek out people that normally wouldn't sign up for a 1000 dollar plus CSA and get them started this year with minimal veggies for $250 for the year. This should help them get a taste and maybe I can step them all up for next year.

I'll finish adding the tomato varieties and then come back here for some input on the finished website.

Thanks again!
MileHighGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7, 2013   #93
baileyj
Tomatovillian™

MileHighGuy,
The $250 CSA sounds like a great idea....we have a few here in DC/MD/VA that have doubled in price this past year...from $700 to $1400 for veggies from May to October.

I grow my own but have friends who are now wanting to learn more about growing their own with the doubling in price. I am growing tomatos for several this year and helping them to get their own gardens going.

The $250 price tag sounds reasonable and I am sure you will be successful.
Good luck and keep us posted !
Judi
baileyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #94
macbettz
Tomatovillian™

MileHighGuy,
Are you at all nervous taking other peoples money and guaranteeing that you will be able to produce all the delicous produce on your website? I thought you were a newbie at large scale farming and only had one year under your belt with the tomato farm.

I know I would be! Good luck though and try and update when you can.
macbettz is offline   Reply With Quote