Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 19, 2016   #1
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Default Delectation of Tomatoes

I ordered some seeds from Delectation of Tomatoes (http://www.delectationoftomatoes.com/). Dale, the owner, was very speedy and included a freebie that I'm excited to try sometime! With a selection of nearly 1500 tomatoes and the friendly, fast service, I'd highly recommend buying from him!
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2016   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
I ordered some seeds from Delectation of Tomatoes (http://www.delectationoftomatoes.com/). Dale, the owner, was very speedy and included a freebie that I'm excited to try sometime! With a selection of nearly 1500 tomatoes and the friendly, fast service, I'd highly recommend buying from him!
Recently I was loooking for a variety for someone and ended up finding it at Dales website and I posted that to that person. After doing that I went back to his site and reviewed his long list of available ones and got back to him with a few comments about some of them.

He thanked me for doing that in a very long em that I still have to answer.

What I didn't know at first is that his user name is seamfaster , which he posts at his site and he's a registered member here and at two other places and also a listed SSE member.

No need to contact him here at all,just go directly to his website as noted above.

And I will get back to him b'c I was surprised to find that he was also offering ones in the 2-3lb range,one of his primary interests is growing competition size ones and I looked at that section as well,

So when I get back to him I will give him a list of ones in the 2-3 # range that have great taste and that b;c he can then cross them with his competition ones to introduce some taste, as he has been doing.

So yes, I also suggest that others here take a look at his site and I think you'll like what you see,

Carolyn
Old January 19, 2016   #3
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Wow, Dale has been doing a LOT of work up-dating his site. He is listing descriptions (many in his own words) and will be posting pictures as well.
This will be a site to contend with when he is finished. He has many hard to find varieties including Tarasenko6 and Seek No Further Love Apple.

Well done Dale!
Old January 19, 2016   #4
creister
Tomatovillian™

I believe he carries Mortgage Lifter Estlers. I think that is where I bought seeds for it last year.
creister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20, 2016   #5
Blk_Vegan
Tomatovillian™

I've gotten seeds from Dale over the past few years and i can not agree more that he is an excellent source of many hard to acquire varieties. Very satisfied with his service and quality of seeds. Have yet to have any variety grow untrue to type. Very deserving of wider support.
Old January 21, 2016   #6
kygreg
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk_Vegan View Post
I've gotten seeds from Dale over the past few years and i can not agree more that he is an excellent source of many hard to acquire varieties. Very satisfied with his service and quality of seeds. Have yet to have any variety grow untrue to type. Very deserving of wider support.
Ditto that

Gary
kygreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2016   #7
Jaymato
Tomatovillian™

The largest single order we've placed all year was through Dale, over 20 varieties we could not find ANYWHERE else, he was very helpful, got our order out quickly and offered us a few nice bonuses. His newly upgraded website looks like it will one of the best tomato seed sources ever, I believe he has more varieties in stock than Gary Ibsen!
Jaymato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2016   #8
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

I too can only say good things about Dale as a customer and through SSE. Just made an order with him this weekend.

Ami
Old February 17, 2016   #9
gardenfrog
Tomatovillian™

Default Awesome!

I've had great experience in ordering from Dale. He seems to always have time to answer questions and give you direction. He's like us ON STEROIDS!!!
gardenfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2016   #10
JosephineRose
Tomatovillian™

I've ordered twice from them this season. The variety is wonderful, and the shipping was quick! I can't wait to try my new seeds.
JosephineRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14, 2017   #11
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Default Great Place!

I just received another perfect order from Dale. What a great guy! He is friendly, speedy and very efficient. There is absolutely not one thing to complain about!

Thanks Dale!
Old November 14, 2017   #12
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissS View Post
I just received another perfect order from Dale. What a great guy! He is friendly, speedy and very efficient. There is absolutely not one thing to complain about!

Thanks Dale!
I couldn't agree more about Dale and his fantastic lists of varieties and how reasonable they are and how quickly he processes orders and also answers e mails sent to him,since he gives a link at his website for that em addy..

When he moved to Utah it was hard starting all over again,but he did.

Currently he lists something like over 400 varieties of tomatoes in the 2017 SSE Annual Yearbook, and he grows much more than just tomatoes as well.

And also still hangs out at the BIG Pumpkin site with the big tomato folks since Dale also has a section at his website that's all about big ones.When I was last at his site I went there to see if he was listing a particular variety someone wanted but couldn't find elsewhere,but couldn't find the place where the BIG tomatoes are listed,my fault,not his.

Sometimes I read too fast at a site, strictly my problem.

Carolyn
Old November 14, 2017   #13
kurt
Tomatovillian™

I still grow his Croatian Brandywine(at the time) as tribute to my heritages.This is from eons ago.
Old February 6, 2018   #14
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Dale ordered some large tomato seeds from me via SSE and them we had some seed trades too. He is a very honest and nice person indeed.

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16, 2018   #15
mobiledynamics
Tomatovillian™

Paging Mods.

Can we get this vendor stickied. I just got some late impulse purchase seeds from Dale and his packaging is top notch !
He could have just went with a simple item descriptor but each one is nicely labeled with a color pic. Presentation get's 5 stars. Effort for presentation another extra star ;-)

Thumbsup

Last edited by mobiledynamics; April 16, 2018 at 03:07 PM.
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote