Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old March 25, 2007   #1
rsg2001
Tomatovillian™

Default RootShield

Does anyone have any experience using RootShield? I bought it to try to help combat fusarium this year. I used to use a product called SoilGuard (from GardensAlive) which seemed to have a protective effect but they discontinued it and the company that made it wasn't distributing it anywhere in the Northeast, and so I did without it last year (I did have 3-4 plants that had signs of fusarium although didn't die off completely). The prior couple of years I had no fusarium using SoilGuard.

I'm also a little nervous about fusarium this year because of the mild winter. The ground didn't freeze till toward the end of January and then only for a couple of weeks. One of my theories is that if the ground freezes really solid, it helps to combat it.
rsg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2007   #2
garnetmoth
Tomatovillian™

Havent used it but was looking at it this year. bought something called BioVam because it has beneficial bacteria and mycorrhizae.

good luck with it, and let us know how it worked!
garnetmoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2007   #3
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

GMoth, Whats with the new avatar. Nice work whoever did it. AMI