Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old October 5, 2013   #1
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Default Nikitovka Seeds

http://stores.ebay.com/Nikitovka-See... <br /> <br />

Last edited by RJGlew; October 5, 2013 at 11:33 PM. Reason: hit send by mistake
RJGlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5, 2013   #2
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

Default I hit Submit too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJGlew View Post
All Russian heirlooms.
Over 100 varieties are listed - many are not listed in NA sites, including tomatobase.
2013 harvested seeds for 2014 season.
Currently 20% off all prices (which are quite low)
Shipping is .99 for your total order.

I have no affiliation with this company except that I placed an order.

Rg
Old October 6, 2013   #3
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

I've placed a couple of orders with them and the service was quick. Really liked the look of the store and would like to try some of the herbs or carrots as well.
Of course it's hard to say anything about the seeds until next spring, but the business side was great.
www.nikitovka.com
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2013   #4
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

I couldn't get the ebay link to work. I assume this is the same outfit. It comes from the link NarnianGarden posted.
http://stores.ebay.com/nikitovkaseeds

I also can't get the any of the pages to change from the first page to any of the subsequent pages. The contact page also doesn't go anywhere. This is happening on both Foxfire and Chrome. If no one has an email address for them, I'll try a whois search to find one and let them know.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2013   #5
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

I had the same problem Doug, using Explorer, and I tried a few times before giving up .

Linda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug9345 View Post
I also can't get the any of the pages to change from the first page to any of the subsequent pages. The contact page also doesn't go anywhere. This is happening on both Foxfire and Chrome. If no one has an email address for them, I'll try a whois search to find one and let them know.
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2013   #6
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Yes, that's the correct link - the Ebay layout is quite clear and organized, imho. Tania (that's her name) was very quick in answering questions about varieties, germination tips etc., when I had something to clarify.
All in all, EBay is a danger zone - a couple of years ago it was hard-to-get cosmetics, now it's vegetable seeds. I don't know what is more fun, but both sure can empty your wallet
Old October 6, 2013   #7
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

I sent an email to the address I found from the whois search letting her know what problems I was having.
Old October 6, 2013   #8
RJGlew
Tomatovillian™

The store within E-Bay does work and displays all of their products properly. I have noticed this morning that the link I originally provided to the EBay store does not work when I am not logged in. Try searching for the seller ID nastjuschka06 under "Advanced Search - Find items by seller." or conversely, just search for "Sanka tomato seeds" (within EBay) to go to a first item. Once you locate an item, there is a link to their EBay store without a login.

As folks note, their own site www.nikitovka.com does not function, but the setup and product counts are identical to the EBay store.

Concerns about using EBay? With Nikitoka you can only use PayPay with the inherent security built into their model & in addition, you will have 45 days to register a complaint if you have problems - lots of time to do germination tests if you are worried about old seeds.

rg
Old October 8, 2013   #9
austinnhanasmom
Tomatovillian™

I found it here: but was not easy...

http://stores.ebay.com/Nikitovka-Seeds?_rdc=1
austinnhanasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9, 2013   #10
peppero
Tomatovillian™

For some strange reason I had no problem getting on this site. I wonder why. Oh well.

jon
peppero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9, 2013   #11
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

I emailed Tania at the email address I found through a whois search. I got this reply back yesterday.

Quote:
Hello Doug,

Thanks a lot for your message. The problems on the site should now be
resolved and the entire site should works normal.

Kindly regards
Tania
I just tried it and I can move through the pages.
Old October 10, 2013   #12
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

They are from Ukraine and have got many variety names transliterated from Russian to Ukrainian and then to English.
A mix of Ukrainian and Russian varieties (nothing rare) with a lot of wrong translated names. Be careful.

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2013   #13
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Yes, I realize that whenever there is adjective 'rare', that's probably just marketing speak, not a realistic description. What she sells, are perhaps more uncommon in the West. I've purchased some tomato varieties I hadn't seen anywhere else, so to me, that was rare indeed. Just hoping they will grow true to their description.
Old February 18, 2014   #14
LinaLola
Tomatovillian™

Hi, new to this forum. I hope it's ok for me to post here since the previous post was
October 2013. Hope it's not too old to discuss ...

I was looking at these seeds company. My grandfather was born in Ukraine so I have interests in it. He said that he had such delicious vegetables and fruits growing up near Black Sea. Especially tomatoes and watermelons.

I was able to find Ukrainian tomatoes elsewhere and have planted. However I am interested in this Nikitovka seeds - in particular the "Cranberry Sugar - Klyukva Sakhare"
https://www.nikitovka.com/201412/19/...to-detail.html

I believe the above is the link to them.
I'd prefer not to ship from Europe as it seems it may increase the possibility of damage or lost package. ???

Can someone give me advice on this? Or perhaps tell me what a similar variety of tomato is to these? As for this particular seed, is it easy to order from Nikitovka?

Thanks for any comments.
LinaLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18, 2014   #15
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaLola View Post
Hi, new to this forum. I hope it's ok for me to post here since the previous post was
October 2013. Hope it's not too old to discuss ...

I was looking at these seeds company. My grandfather was born in Ukraine so I have interests in it. He said that he had such delicious vegetables and fruits growing up near Black Sea. Especially tomatoes and watermelons.

I was able to find Ukrainian tomatoes elsewhere and have planted. However I am interested in this Nikitovka seeds - in particular the "Cranberry Sugar - Klyukva Sakhare"
https://www.nikitovka.com/201412/19/...to-detail.html

I believe the above is the link to them.
I'd prefer not to ship from Europe as it seems it may increase the possibility of damage or lost package. ???

Can someone give me advice on this? Or perhaps tell me what a similar variety of tomato is to these? As for this particular seed, is it easy to order from Nikitovka?

Thanks for any comments.
I looked through the tomato section, and there were many that were not Russian in origin.

My suggestion is to go to Tania's wonderful data website and check it out. She and her family moved here from the Ukraine and she lists many from the former USSR, now the CIS.

First, a link to her Home page and click on shortcuts at the top and see all the ways you can locate tomato varieties. I prefer the alphabetical way when I know the name of the variety.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/wiki/Main_Page

Next, a link from her page for ones that are from the CIS, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, etc.

http://t.tatianastomatobase.com:88/w...ssian_Tomatoes

She features over 4, 000 pages of varieties and on each page you'll usually find comments by others, pictures and seed sources when available.

She still has relatives in the Ukraine and gets some seeds from her mother and from other sites in the larger Russian area that sell seeds.

She prefers that folks use the original Russian names, but sometimes lists the same variety with its English translation, so be sure to check both.

I didn't check to see if she had the specific one you were looking at but there are hundreds of others that might interest you.

And yes, I think a couple of folks have linked to the same seed site you posted about because I recognized it right away

Finally, while I gave you the link to her Homepage if you look in the Plant and Seed source Forum, where you just started this thread, you'll see her very long thread as well, as a stikey, and she posts updates there quite frequently.

Carolyn

Editing to add that I didn't realize that this thread was started with a post about this seed company and I read them any comments, especially from Andrey in Belarus, and would even more strongly suggest you go to Tania's website. Someone who posted earlier in this thread said they were ALL Russian, but that's certainly NOT what I saw when I just looked at it.