Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old November 16, 2011   #136
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

Naysen,

When the plants start to outgrow the tops of the cages, I will top them to encourage them to bush-out more. Most of my varieties like Extreme Bush, etc. are said to be in the 2 foot range. The 2 Dwarf Project plants (Iditarod Red and Rosella Purple) will be trimmed to a 3 foot height.

Last year, I ended up with this out-of-control situation:

I won't let that happen this Season.

Raybo
rnewste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2012   #137
watchbag99
Tomatovillian™

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I have been growing tomatoes for three years now. Not to the level that you guys are on. I do like your self watering containers. That is the one thing that I really want to learn how to put together. Any tips or ideas or pictures or any books that I could read about this subject would be appreciated. Thank You
watchbag99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4, 2012   #138
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

watch,

Very easy on Tomatoville. Go to the Search Tab and type in EarthTainer. If you are interested in indoor growing, do a search on InnTainer. You will find hundreds of posts dating back to 2007.

Here is a link to the EarthTainer.org website where you can download the EarthTainer and InnTainer Guides. Also, click on the Photos Tab:

http://earthtainer.org/

Raybo

Last edited by rnewste; January 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old January 5, 2012   #139
watchbag99
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewste View Post
watch,

Very easy on Tomatoville. Go to the Search Tab and type in EarthTainer. If you are interested in indoor growing, do a search on InnTainer. You will find hundreds of posts dating back to 2007.

Here is a link to the EarthTainer.org website where you can download the EarthTainer and InnTainer Guides. Also, click on the Photos Tab:

http://earthtainer.org/

Raybo
THANK YOU for the info. I have checked it out and it is a well of info for me . It is just what I have been looking for. When I can I will start putting one together.I have some time . Any tips about growing indoors. I do have a 400w grow light,for my house plants. I do not get enough window light. The plants are growing like crazy better that the natural sun.
Old January 5, 2012   #140
rnewste
Tomatovillian™

watch,

Go to this Thread for my weekly update on progress this Winter with the InnTainer Project:

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...ight=raybo%27s

Your 400W light is more than adequate.

Raybo
Old January 5, 2012   #141
watchbag99
Tomatovillian™

I do appreciate the info that you are giving me.I just started growing a Purple Russian it has its true leaves now. Going to repot it today Thursday, and hope for the best. I noticed that some one was speaking about the dwarf project. Might order a few. Something new to try. Thank You again Good Night.