Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old January 28, 2007   #1
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Default PAN Pesticide Action Network

I came across this website while doing a google search on a fungicide/bacteriacide. I thought it would be relavent to this forum. If you have a question concerning a certain product do a search on it at this site and it will give you all the information including ingredients and their toxicity and uses to mention a few. Ami
www.pesticideinfo.org
amideutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2007   #2
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

Is it an activist site out to further an agenda, or is it just a well-organized clearinghouse for information?

Sorry if that sounds political, but the name of the site "action network" sounds "loaded" to me.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2007   #3
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

I listed this site because they have a pretty extensive data base of insecticides, hebacides and other products where one can go to get information on what your spraying your plants with or putting into the ground. As to there agenda I didn't get into it. Probably for a cleaner environment. To bad we didn't have more activist around when DDT was in widespread use. Ami
amideutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1, 2007   #4
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

It seems to be a reasonably even-keeled site. I am certainly for using the fewest chemicals possible.

Thanks for the link!

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2007   #5
Althea
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the link Ami. I used to have the site bookmarked on my old computer, but haven't added it yet. It's a very good source of info.
Old February 15, 2007   #6
bizzarbazzar
Tomatovillian™

Fabulous link Ami, I bookmarked it on my computer too. Thank you for the info
bizzarbazzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2007   #7
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Have any of you tried EXTOXNET, which I think its the best re pesticides of all kinds and much more?

It's a consortium of 6-7 large Universities in the US, their names are there. that sponsor and control the site and if I want to know something about chlorothalonil, (Daconil) for instance, and get the straight story without an agenda I go first to EXTOXNET before going anywhere else.

Just another suggestion for an unbiased data resource in a very biased area, IMO.
Old February 15, 2007   #8
landarc
Tomatovillian™

I used to use EXTOXNET, but, then I lost my bookmarks and forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder CArolyn.

Bob
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote