Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discuss your tips, tricks and experiences growing and selling vegetables, fruits, flowers, plants and herbs.

Old February 3, 2017   #16
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

Your probably right Cole but doing this part-time its not worth paying the money. Hardly any of the vendors here, unless full time LLC's, have it.
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2017   #17
barbamWY
Tomatovillian™

When I put on our Home and Garden Expo, I as the promoter pay $250.00 for a million dollars worth of insurance.
Barb
barbamWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2017   #18
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbamWY View Post
When I put on our Home and Garden Expo, I as the promoter pay $250.00 for a million dollars worth of insurance.
Barb
Wow, that is cheap. You got a great deal. I think the policies my company had to buy are a lot more expensive because we serve alcohol. Rowdy drunks at a cage fight are a lot more likely to get hurt.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3, 2017   #19
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Our farm coverage used to include an umbrella policy that covered farmers markets. They dropped that a couple of years ago.

Both the markets said we had to have liability insurance but neither asked for proof til this year.Here is a country wide site that covers this kind of stuff. Roughly $300 / year for any number of markets. https://www.fliprogram.com/

I'm going to check out the home/auto option first, but may go with this or another company that is just Wisconsin. Just another expense. But when you think about it, if someone falls near my stand and gets hurt, I could lose the house and farm if not covered.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote